New Shop Option?!?

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 410
KristieJ3 wrote
on Mar 28, 2012 12:31 PM

Hello all!! I haven't posted much lately because life has been super crazy, and I've missed these forums!! lol
I am in need of some advice though and I'll hopefully (I've got my fingers crossed) be able to spend more time on here now Big Smile

I've been looking for a new place to sell online because I was simply spending too much to keep re-listing items on Etsy. I did have a fair customer base going, but I wasn't really making a profit.

So I went to Art Fire, and hated the set up, lol. I had to resize all my pictures and it was a pain so I stopped using it - I will admit that I only gave the site like a month before I got too annoyed lol.

I've kept my shop at Shop Handmade because it is free, but I've never sold anything from it. Has anyone else had any luck with it?? My pictures also turn out blurry on the site, though I think that has something to do with their zoom feature....

A couple days ago I was ready a blog article that mentioned IndieMade.com. It's sort of like Art Fire where you pay monthly, there's 3 different plans from like $5-$20. But it's not a community like Art Fire or Etsy, it's kind of like a web page so it's a little harder to promote...
Really, I'm sort of learning as I go and I'm not sure about it just yet!

Does anyone have any experience with the site, or maybe even a better site??

Thanks!
Kristie

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
megabgirl wrote
on Mar 28, 2012 3:41 PM

I wrote a blog article on WePay: http://megansbeadeddesigns.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/selling-from-my-own-website/  I like it because it gives you an easy way to embed your shop into any other web address ( like your own website), plus it has a sweet referral program (use the referral link in my blog post, and you'll get $10 for free when you sell your first item!) It's not the prettiest site yet, but they're new and taking suggestions from their new shop owners.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 410
KristieJ3 wrote
on Mar 29, 2012 10:25 PM

Awesome! I'm going to try it out Big Smile

Is it a community type or do they have promotion options available? I'm going to check it out now, it sounds good so far. I like it when a site actually listens to the users to make it better; I've been on a few that just kind of petter out and that's so frustrating!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
megabgirl wrote
on Apr 3, 2012 9:52 AM

Yes, they've already changed the justified text because I said it was ugly! lol! So i think they are really heading in the right direction! :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,948
SEllen 2 wrote
on Apr 5, 2012 12:22 PM

Just bumping up to get spammers off the top of the page.

Have a great day with your beads everyone ! Big Smile

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS