Grabbag from FMG do you liked?

This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 101
on Mar 26, 2012 12:15 PM
Hi ! Ladies, any of you buy the " Big boss 1 pound grab bag " from FMG ? if you do how happy or dissapointe you are with it? In scale 1 to 10 one is the lowest. I am very interesting to know others beaders opinions. and in general what do get in it?
Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bead Me wrote
on Mar 28, 2012 4:36 PM

I bought it twice, a few years back, when I had just started jewelry-making. It was fun to go through such a big bag of random stuff, but ultimately I used very little of it. As I remember, there were lots of glass beads, a large handful of wooden beads, some plastic, a few clay, and some lower-grade stones. There were a few plated spacers and beads, too.  After I picked it over I gave most of it to a friend's granddaughter to play with, and she loved it. I bought it twice to see if the selection would better suit me the second time, but it was much the same. I couldn't rate it above a 2 or 3, and I was never tempted again. Hope that helps!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 128
on Mar 29, 2012 2:03 AM

I have had the same experience. And I'm not anymore tempted to buy another. Yes, it's fun... But It's ONLY fun.

Moni.

Patterns, Charms, Beads:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/Coccoementa

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 101
on Mar 29, 2012 6:34 PM
Hi Ladies, unfortunely I was not smart like you Moni and Bead Me,, help came too late,,,,,,first time I got one bag, I was not too happy it was only very litlle use out of it,,,,,so I want to give another try and got a second bag , again a bunch of "crp" Still I did not learn my lesson and I got 2 more OMG....WHAT I WAS THINKING ? this last 2 are the worst, NOW I learn my lesson.never again,,,,
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 97
on Apr 21, 2012 8:24 AM

I am so glad that you posted this question.  I had thought about trying out one.  I will not even consider it now.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on May 2, 2012 9:50 PM

I haven't gotten the big boss bag but I have gotten a few of the mixed strands..

Like when they say 10 random strands of gemstone chips or 10 random strands of freshwater pearls, and I really liked what I got out of those. I guess it's because I knew that I was definately getting pearls and gemstones but the exciting part what which type, colour, shape, etc so it was still a surprise Smile

Emma
xXx

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 97
on May 3, 2012 10:42 AM

Thanks for letting me know that.  I will probably try some of those now.  I wouldn't mind getting some more pearls anyway.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,539
D.M.Z wrote
on May 3, 2012 12:33 PM

I think Emma is on the right track here, with the grouped specials, you at least know to some extent what you will get. I have bought their mixed cubes (and I still have some left) and just got their 10 strands of glass pearls in mixed colors and love them as they are colors I wouldn't have picked singly. I've also gottten fresh water pearls that way. FMG puts some real sleepers in their special catalogs, I comb the catalogs for the goodies I can take advantage of as most of my work is in delicas, so I only need minimal "other" beads. Donna

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 274
Paka wrote
on May 7, 2012 2:47 AM

I like FMG bead mixes, although I've never ordered the Boss' Bag.  Given the feedback here, I think I'll give it a miss.  I have ordered the glass pearl mixes (10 strands of different colors) a couple of times as well as the mixes of plated metal findings.  The latter has served me well, introducing me to items that I would not otherwise have ordered.  Some of the findings push me to try new techniques and design strategies.  Too bad the Boss' Bag doesn't have the same effect.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS