Cabochon earrings

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Melito wrote
on Mar 20, 2012 4:41 AM

hi there! i'm trying to do some statement earrings like a cabochon earrings, and i'm using felt fabric a frame for the beads. but it seems that it becomes soft when i have embroidered all of my beads design there, is this felt fabric advisable to use or the leather suede? i'm just looking for some alternative coz i can't find any supplier of leather suede here in the philippines. all they have are string and cut into strips already.

do u know some alternative for this?

thanks you so much!

Melito from Melito by Design. Please like us on facebook!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,273
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Mar 20, 2012 8:34 AM

I use what is called stiffy felt. It a treated felt that renders it stiff. I embroidery on it all the time. I find it at my local craft store.If you can't find it, go to your local fabric store and buy the stiffest non woven interfacing, used in sewing. I have found this in both black and white. If you get the white, you can always color it with permanent markers.

Hope this helps.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
D.M.Z wrote
on Mar 20, 2012 1:30 PM

Melito, or try this stuff: http://nicolecampanella.com/Beadwright_web_site/Nicoles_BeadBacking.html

It is a pre-colored material that is easy to sew through, but will retain it's shape. This will spoil you for most other backings. I do sometimes back a piece with leather, but less and less often now that I am using this. The material is pretty light as far as shipping would go. The sample package gives you all the colors and pieces big enough for a couple of cabs each. Donna

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS