Share Your Beading Space

This post has 86 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 585
Karenra wrote
on Jun 21, 2010 8:38 PM

The light box was a random find at the dollar store after a post on here about photos. Had just read the post about a box similar to that.

I try hard to be organized, at least until i sit down to make something it seems.Organized Chaos is what i call it most days Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Jun 22, 2010 4:18 AM

"Organized Chaos" sounds about right for me. :)  I can tell you in which pile an item is located, but don't ask me what I had for dinner last night.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,711
cbreul wrote
on Jun 22, 2010 10:13 AM

The timing on this is spooky, I was just looking at my space this weekend and lamenting.  I have a table in the basement (miss natural light) which is where hubby's hobby is (trains that take up a significant portion), the computer, the tv w/gaming systems etc.  I do have to say, it is nice that everyone is down there and I am not alone, and there are times when I wish I was alone........I am seriously thinking of pulling everything up to the dinign room table, reorganizing and redoing my space.  If only I could have one more table..............................................  :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 774
yeli wrote
on Jun 27, 2010 7:55 AM

Here is a pic of mine.  I still have some things that do not fit in there, but we live in such a small place, that I cannot have everything together.  I am done buying, I need to make lots of stuff to be able to lower my stock.  I do not know what I like best, if beading or buying beads.  LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Oct 16, 2010 8:54 AM

Wow Yeli, that's super similar to the set up I had about 15 years ago except I had this GREAT drafting table I used which had adjustable height, rails and pitch adjustors. But otherwise it looked just like your space I LOVED it, and it was the most functional space I ever had. But during all my moves, new homes, changing priorities raising the kids, I lost the table somewhere in the suffle.

I have NO set up now, just all these boxes in front of my fireplace and junk piled on end tables in my livingroom. I have no idea where anything is, and it's driving me INSANE. Unfortunately, this house is just too small to set any kind of real space up. I'm in the process of selling it... when I do, I'm moving into an apartment for 2 years, where I'll have a spare bedroom I'll share with my DBF, half my beading stuff, half his computer equipment (which takes FAR less space than my beads LOL) and super bonus? He just happens to have a drafting table in storage JUST like the one I lost so many years ago! I'm darned tootin' excited!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
on Apr 24, 2012 8:35 PM

I'm going to resurrect this - I'll post a pic of my space tomorrow morning (and I don't want to have to sift through all of the threads to find this one again then!).  I've recently gotten my first dedicated beading space set up - after 20 years of beading in bed I now have my own chaise lounge to sit on.  It's so Awesome and I can't wait to share!

Please check out my Gallery!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
on Apr 25, 2012 7:19 AM

Here's a pic of my new space (yes I cleaned it up before I took this pic), my first dedicated beading space in 20 years of beading.  The vast majority of beads are in the cube shelves, books and ultrasuede in the white cupboard, WIP/UFO's in the book shelf of the desk, and useful/unsorted items on top.  Usually I also have my laptop on my bead tray, and the cat treats within reach so I can avoid tray incidents.  I've been doing so much more beading in the few weeks that I've had the Chaise because I don't have to put the projects away or drag beads to another room - not to mention no beads in the bed sheets!

Please check out my Gallery!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 274
Paka wrote
on Apr 26, 2012 2:04 AM

Thanks for sharing your space, and congratulations on getting it cleaned up for showing.  I've been trying to do just that for weeks and now have a bigger mess than when I started.   Surprise  Your chaise looks so comfy.  I hope you have 20 more happy years of beading in your dedicated space.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,828
KipperCat wrote
on Apr 27, 2012 2:14 AM

Paka, when I decided on a major re-organization of my beads, they ended up all over the house before I finally got most of them back together.  I'm not totally thrilled with the way they're organized now, but it's a major improvement on the old way  Too bad I've still got pockets of them here and there around the house.

Chameleon, I loved your gallery!  You have a lot of beautiful work.  I've nearly finished my first free-form piece, and am enchanted with the process.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 274
Paka wrote
on Apr 27, 2012 7:37 AM

Cold comfort, Kip.  Cold comfort. 

And yet I do find some small spark of warmth in "improvement on the old way."  I will think of that as my "light at the end of the tunnel."  Some time in this decade.  Indifferent

Yes, chameleon, your gallery is a fine thing.  (Thanks for the nudge, Kip.)  I have set up a similar gallery for friends and family, but you have gone much further.  What lovely work you do.

Not Ranked
Posts 20
stubblytroll wrote
on Dec 1, 2012 12:36 PM

Your tabll resembles the table in my small workroom converted from what used to be a small, dark, useless closet!  Boy, do I have organizing to do.........

Not Ranked
Posts 20
stubblytroll wrote
on Dec 1, 2012 12:39 PM

That's a nice space for suce a small area.

Page 6 of 6 (87 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6 | RSS