Beadshops in China?

This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
PullanPej wrote
on Feb 22, 2012 3:19 AM

Hi all beadlovers!

I'm going to China in april and I want tips on where I can buy beads. I'm going to visit Bejing, Chongqing, Chengdu and Shanghai. Perhaps some of you have been there and have some tips. And also some tips of how I bargaining the best.

Thank you!

Linda from Sweden

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Feb 22, 2012 7:09 AM

Linda,

I have never been to China, so I haven't any advice for you.

However  I I just wanted to let you know that the section you posted this in, isn't going to get you much help. You need to post this thread under "Where Can I Find".  The Bead Barter is a place to post things for trade, meaning you have some beads or other beading supply that you no longer are using and wish to trade with someone else for supplies you can use. So you see where your request for information will get little response.

Hope this helps.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
birchroot wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 4:25 PM

Hi Linda,

You must be so excited!  There is a website called Alibaba.  Type it in your search engine and when the site comes up, search for the type of beads you are looking for ex: Swarovski 4mm bicones.  It will bring up a huge list of merchants.  Most have their shops or manufacturing plant addresses posted.  If there is a certain bead you are interested in, you can email them and they will give you their information.  Good Luck and have fun!

Ruth from PA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 586
shanks wrote
on Dec 11, 2012 8:42 PM

Hi Linda,

I would suggest that you send an "E Mail"  to Russ Knobs at Rings and Things . Do a web search for them. He is one super guy and does a lot of traveling to China for his bead business. I am sure he would not mind  answering your question.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
PullanPej wrote
on Dec 13, 2012 7:41 AM

Thank you all. But I was in China in april and I did find some nice places to buy a lot of beads and pearls..

Not Ranked
Posts 4
destyoo wrote
on Dec 18, 2012 11:39 PM

why should they not play with jewellery as well we all like some sparkle in our livesEmbarrassed

jeweleryturquoise.net

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 262
on Jan 25, 2013 6:03 AM

Hey hey, Linda, you target the right point, I am Chinese, thus I thought I can settle you problem.

If you are going to China to have a tour, in fact you can catch sight of beads on almost every so-called scenic area, there are many crafts sellers, while most of them are selling the similar thing, this might be a disappointment. Big Smile In fact most of the beads crafts are purchased from Yiwu Small Commodity Market in Yiwu City, Zhejiang Province, which is close to Shanghai. If you wanna bring some of those beads back with reasonable price, you can take some time to have a visit at Yiwu when you are in Shanghai, they are really very close to each other. 

Well, that's my suggestion, if you have other question about beads in China market, you can fell free to ask me!

Well, Hope you have fun in the journey! Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 7
EcoBeads wrote
on Dec 27, 2013 6:49 PM

Look for markets. There is a pearl market in Beijing, also the ghost market. 

If you are looking to buy wholesale, like many hanks of the same bead, you need to have an introduction. I requested one from a Chinese friend and he sadly replied, "You don't want to go there. It will make you cry." 

There is still child labor in China. As long as we buy the beads, the children will work. 

Dennise

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Dec 28, 2013 11:57 AM

Hey, do some of you actually read  the whole thread before posting your reply? Not only is the original post nearly two years old, but she posted  in Dec 2012 that she had already been there the previous APRIL. Besides, you are answering what I suspect to be a spammer, if indeed at least two of you aren't  spammers. I've noticed that some people dig up old threads and post their two cents worth. Sometimes it's for a legitimate reason but most times it seems just for laughs, to see if anyone will notice...to see how many people will fall for it... Do those of you really have nothing better to do??? It takes a long, long time to go back several years unless you search for something specific, so, really, shouldn't you be out looking for a job or something?

miqui

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS