Photo Software: Lightroom vs. Photoshop vs Picaso

This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
cannonpark wrote
on Feb 20, 2012 10:52 AM

After today's blog post  and reviewing Jim Lawson's photography  demo...I am wondering about Lightroom.  I know I need some photo software but had been leaning towards Photoshop Elements.  (Hadn't heard about lightroom...guess I was in the dark, hehe)    Does anyone have any thoughts on this??  I gather Lightroom is a stand alone program,but doesn't Photoshop Elements have "lightroom" as part of the program?   I'm so confused!!    

I have used Picaso in the past,  but found that it took over all my pictures and albums. It could be that I didn't put enough time into learning the program.   If you have experience with Picaso and either Lightroom or PhotoShop Elements and can compare them for me....I am looking for an ease of use comparison.  I don't want to spend days and days trying to figure the program out!!  Thanks for any and all help! 

Sally Marie

cannonpark

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 299
Sharon Mc wrote
on Feb 23, 2012 2:42 AM

Hello Sally Marie,

I'm going to throw another program into the mix, not to confuse you, but because its the one I use and I think its fantastic. Its called Paint Shop Pro. It used to be called Jasc Paint Shop Pro but then Corel bought them out and now its called Corel Paint Shop Pro.  It is a poor mans Photoshop.  It has everything Photoshop has, but a little easier learning curve. I've been using it for years. I usually buy the updates and pass on the old versions to my daughter.  It comes with great video tutorials. I have used Photoshop in the past (in fact I learned photo software on Photoshop) and I prefer Paint Shop Pro. I find the interface to PSP to be more intuitive. Ive only read about Picaso. I dont think Photoshop Elements has the depth that Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or Picaso has, you will get frustrated quickly with the lack of ability.

Hopefully someone who has more experience with the other programs will speak up.  Good luck with your decisions.

Sharon

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS