A different kind of bead loom -

This post has 67 Replies | 9 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 933
on Feb 11, 2013 12:44 PM

I agree....The Loomie Bin....open, and perfect!! Thanks for pointing that one out! Wink

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on Feb 13, 2013 11:55 PM

Oh and mentioning the Pull n Pray, you can use any loom. You don't need a special type of loom, like some vendors and marketers say you must have.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 29
SegBead wrote
on May 5, 2014 2:52 AM

Met Paul Ricks this week and sat in on a couple classes for a bit, my wife got her loom signed and she's pretty stoked lol. I don't know much about loomwork, but he was sure a cool guy to talk to !!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
jdreichel wrote
on Sep 19, 2014 1:51 PM

Hi DMZ, I was trying to find the booklet you mentioned by T. Gutherie, but nothing matching bead or loomwork comes up when I google that name.  Can you help me find the booklet/kit so I can buy it?

Thank you!

Jennifer Donner-Reichel

jdreichel2011@gmail.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 584
shanks wrote
on Sep 19, 2014 2:55 PM

Jenifer,

Give this link a try

Theresa Guthrie's No Warps! Loom Method Class-in-a-Bag ...

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,503
D.M.Z wrote
on Sep 19, 2014 3:26 PM

shanks:

Jenifer,

Give this link a try

Theresa Guthrie's No Warps! Loom Method Class-in-a-Bag ...

Thanks shanks, and Jennifer when you get there, your can also click on the home page and there is a link to download the booklet only, but I'd recommend the kit to learn with. She does not print it herself any longer. It is in color and she highlights things that are important, so I declare her a very good teacher!!! I originally bought the whole kit and considering the knowledge I got from it, it was worth the price. Reading her book was just like being in a classroom with her, very straightforward and explanatory.

I have now had my hubby make me some looms that can be used for conventional looming or for a version of "No Warps" that I do, but "No Warps" belongs to Theresa Gutherie and is to be quoted as hers if you refer to it. I own several copies of her book as I insisted that she receive her $$$ for something she has taught for years. I'd expect the same if it was me. If someone wants to learn "No Warps" from me, they pay me for the book and we sit down and learn it. 

There is also a Versa Loom, plastic and has some limitations but ok for learning on. It has instructions but NOT nearly as educational as Theresa's booklet. I did a lot of research when I decided to venture into large pictures and bought both Theresa's and Sova's (Versa) looms and instructions. Then I sat down and worked at it. Donna

Any loom I've seen can be used as a "No Warps" type of loom, even the lovely Mirrix looms, using either their kit to convert which is much like Theresa's method, or by using things you can buy at a hardware store. 

Not Ranked
Posts 17
lai2 wrote
on Sep 20, 2014 12:23 PM

I am trying to get the link with Theresa Guthrie's No Warps!  but link does not work.  Is that the link to her site?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 584
shanks wrote
on Sep 20, 2014 2:17 PM

I just tried it and it worked. This does not go directly to her site. Came up in the first spot in Google

Copy and paste the whole thing

(Theresa Guthrie's No Warps! Loom Method Class-in-a-Bag)

Page 5 of 5 (68 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5 | RSS