clasp advice

This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
nomad2 wrote
on Jan 9, 2012 5:26 AM

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and seeking advice!

I really like the look of clasps that are shaped like two letter "C"s and that sort of hook together. Don't know what they're called, which may be why I can't find them in the Shipwreck or other catalogues.

But maybe they're not sold much because they don't work well? If any of you have eperience with them, please share.

Many thanks!!!


Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,375
SCB1 wrote
on Jan 9, 2012 3:13 PM

They have them at Firemountain Gems. They are called interlocking rings order number A36-9850FD on page 273 in their Jewelry Makers Catalog of Best Sellers, just got mine in the mail yesterday.

Hope this helps you.

Happy Beading!!!

Happy Beading!!


Small-town USA. 




Not Ranked
Posts 4
nomad2 wrote
on Jan 9, 2012 6:06 PM

Great, thank you.

Have you used these before? I'm wondering how they compare with toggles, etc. Are they comfortable?

Cheers, N

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
Pearlescence wrote
on Jan 16, 2012 4:47 AM

I stock them and get good reports from customers. I have very simple ones like bent wire and some really elegant ones with thicker construction and one c polished and the other brushed, in both silver and vermeil..

Once the customer gets the knack they really like these design of clasp.And there's nothing to fail or break, unlike a box clasp (bonus!)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 274
Paka wrote
on Jan 16, 2012 3:05 PM

Out of curiosity, I did some searching on the subject myself.  I didn't have much luck with FMG's "interlocking clasps" until I added "round" to the search.  Then I found that Beadalon offers three kinds of these clasps and calls them "duet clasps."  They seem to be available through Amazon, eBay, JoAnn's, etc. I think I'd like to try some.  Thanks for the "education."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS