Sample baggies of all delica bead colors

This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Jan 5, 2012 1:54 PM

I know I seen Tia i do beleive posted a message of a website on ebay of you could purchase sample delica beads of all the colors and be darned I can't find that message.

I think that is a great thing to purchase

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 780
Tia Dalma wrote
on Jan 5, 2012 3:57 PM

Ki Kathy,

I got my Delica Sampler on ebay. It is an awesome set...it costs $32 including shipping! It comes with 10 beads each of all 971 colors. Here is the listing on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miyuki-11-0-Delica-Bead-Samples-All-971-Colors-/280799023805?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4160ed12bd

It looks like she has raised her price to $40 now but it is totally still worth it! I can't imagine she was making any money on this before...after sorting my sampler set into a 3 ring binder, I know how long it would take someone to put together these sampler kits...so she needed to raise her prices a little bit just to make a little bit of profit!

And it's still a much better deal than the sample cards you can buy with the beads stitched down to the card stock paper! Let me know if you have any other questions about these samplers!

Happy Beading!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Jan 5, 2012 5:07 PM

Thanks Tia - I knew you would help me.  I just bought them and can't wait until they arrive.  what a great thing that store does to help us addicted beaders.

How did you set these up in the 3 ring binder?

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 780
Tia Dalma wrote
on Jan 5, 2012 8:47 PM

These samples come in little 1" x 1" baggies so I purchased some coin protector sheets that have twenty 2"x 2" pockets on each clear plastic page...these are Acid Free and PVC Free Archival Quality coin protector pages that fit in a 3 ring binder. I got them on Amazon...2 sets of 20 pages was enough for my sampler!

After buying these, someone else found them with 30 pockets per page...smaller pockets but still big enough for these baggies!

Then I cut out a million 2"x 2" squares of Card Stock Paper to put into each pocket. This way I can put a baggies of beads on each side of the card stock and have them on both sides of the pages. This also made it so that I only needed half as many of the coin protector pages!

Here are some photos of the pages I am talking about. I am also in the process of writing a little bit about the bead color and finish on each of the squares of card stock!

I organized mine in color groups ROYGBIV, Black, White, Brown, Metal (as in metal colors like Silver, Gold, Bronze...not metallic finishes like Met Blue Iris etc) then I organized each color group in numerical order for that group!

It has worked very well for me so far...I can look up the reds and then know that they are in numerical order so I can easily cross reference colors and numbers.

I know other ladies that purchased 2 sets of these...one to organize in a binder and one to stitch down to Card Stock like the Miyuki Color Card Samplers. And others are stitching little Peyote squares with the 10 beads per color...I like having them in the bagiges so I can take them out to see how they interact with other beads and thread colors! Because each bead color changes the colors of the surrounding beads!

I am sure you will love this sampler set...it will save time, money and aggravation in the long run!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,825
KipperCat wrote
on Jan 5, 2012 11:04 PM

I still have mine in the original bags.  So far I've looked for colors online, then checked with the samples before I order anything.  I would love to have them so organized as Tia's, but just having them is very helpful. 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Jan 6, 2012 11:56 AM

Thanks Tia - I love that way you did that. I'm thinking I will do the same.

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
Beader68 wrote
on Jan 10, 2012 10:18 AM

Oh that's fantastic! Years ago, I bought the sample boards Miyuki makes (or maybe it was Toho) but they were so much more expensive! Plus, they've added so  many more colors since then.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Oct 16, 2012 10:27 AM

I'm so glad I found this message again. I figured it was high time I got my bead samples organized.

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 47
MigotoChou wrote
on Apr 9, 2013 12:22 AM

This is awesome!!

I believe I just ordered the exact same Delica bead collection from Etsy a week or so ago!  Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I am planning on doing the binder thing like you have!!

What size binder did yours fit in?  I was thinking they would need to be in a 4" binder.  Or will they fit this way in a 3" binder?

I hope she will offer a set of the new colors that are coming out this spring!!!  Then we can just add those to our binders!

Thank you so much for sharing photos!!!

Amanda

MigotoChou

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 353
ottercat wrote
on Apr 10, 2013 1:43 PM

Amanda:  Thanks for bringing up this old thread; the binder is a great idea.  Let me (us) know how yours turns out.  Thanks.

Ottercat Coffee

04-10-13 (1142 PDT)

Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken.  ~ Oscar Wilde

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Apr 10, 2013 2:24 PM

I haven't seen Tia message any more. What become of that dear girl?

Kathy

Tia has a vast knowledge of so many things to do with beading. I so enjoyed her help and knowledge, she is a investigator.

WHERE ARE YOU TIA you are missed

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 47
MigotoChou wrote
on Apr 10, 2013 4:59 PM

Oh, I hope Tia returns; she sounds just wonderful! :)

I will definitely let you guys know how it turns out!

If anyone is interested, here is where I got mine!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/103534883/miyuki-110-delica-bead-collection-create?ref=shop_home_active

She is super super nice!

Amanda

MigotoChou

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS