A simpler loomed cuff

This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 932
on Dec 30, 2011 9:23 PM

I've been sharing my latest looming but think I'll share a simpler cuff, loomed just before Christmas. Here, I graphed a pattern of wrapped holly berries, then edged doing a picot stitch, twice (one on top of the other) that created a wide silver lace edge.

See looming can be just as simple! However, when I share the steps involved with looming more intricate, it can be just as simple! This is another reason I want to share different levels of looming in the book. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Dec 31, 2011 11:39 AM

that is GORGEOUS!!! I have not loomed and probably won't-don't need MORE STUFF! LOL! But that really is a stunning bracelet! I'm sure you got lots of compliments wearing at Christmas!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
lasexybuda wrote
on Dec 31, 2011 11:54 AM

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful... and the clap is stunning.

Happy New Year,and happy beading.

Irene from the enchanted Island

Happy beading!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
lasexybuda wrote
on Dec 31, 2011 11:56 AM

Erin, when and where I can get your book?

Irene from the enchanted Island

Happy beading!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 932
on Dec 31, 2011 12:12 PM

I am still looming and submitting to the Publisher right now. All is due by May 2012, then with time to edit and print, it will be on shelves. In the meantime, let me know if you want to join my FaceBook Group, teaching the same techniques!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 547
CryssT wrote
on Dec 31, 2011 5:10 PM

Stunning, beautiful and exquisite shading.  What a beautiful bracelet.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Dec 31, 2011 8:32 PM

This is awesome!! I love the double picot edge on the bracelet Smile

Your work makes me want to go out and buy a loom.. I have no idea where to start looking or which is the best one to get but you just inspire me! Is a loomed bracelet of that size (for example) quicker than square stitching the same bracelet?

Emma
xXx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 932
on Jan 2, 2012 10:02 AM

Emma, I would love to suggest a perfect loom for a starter, but not sure I want to offer that plug here on the forum. Wink I would give any info, personally, if anyone is interested.

Yes, looming does move faster than square stitch. For example, you are adding rows of beads at one time as opposed to a single bead at one time. I also think it has a slinkier feel than square stitch, depending on the warp thread of course, than a square stitch.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 27
amyraymon wrote
on Jan 2, 2012 4:42 PM

Erin,

Your work is amazing! I'm fairly new to looming, but can't wait for your book.

Amy

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 932
on Jan 3, 2012 12:58 PM

Thank you Amy! I am anxious to share any thing that may help others love to loom beads! I plan on sticking around her a bit, so maybe I will slip on some info, from time to time! Or, you can join my Group on FB!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 187
LisaS21 wrote
on Jan 3, 2012 9:12 PM

Sooooo pretty! I love your work, the bead color combinations and transitions are fantastic.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Jan 4, 2012 9:16 AM

That's adorable! I just love the giant silver bows, and as always, the colors are just yummy! Gorgeous!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 580
debbiela wrote
on Jan 4, 2012 11:25 AM

Beautiful !  :)  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 932
on Jan 4, 2012 3:36 PM

Thank you both so much!

The giant silver bows are one of many clasps I am making my self, these days. It has opened a whole new world of clasps for me and my looming! Sometimes, I think more about the clasp than I do about the looming pattern! lol

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 547
CryssT wrote
on Jan 5, 2012 12:07 AM

I wondered where you were getting your clasps.  You create them too.  Smile

That's why they are as beautiful as the bracelets.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS