How do I finish a loomwork bracelet ends so I may add a clasp.

This post has 22 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 936
on May 6, 2013 8:58 AM

D.M.Z:

Your ribbon clasps look more like a "V" shape, where the ones I use are a bit boxier......

There are a few variations on these type of clasps. What you own is what I use when I am adding this type of clasp to a piece I've completed using '11/0 Seed Beads', not  11/0 Delicas. When buying, just look closely at the bend. If you buy the wrong size, too small, they you won't be able to close without breaking beads, if you can even get it on the end.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on May 25, 2013 11:06 PM

Ok so it didn't let me post the help vid where I found some new type of end things for loomed bracelets.

Will have to type...

Here is one for #11 Miyuki, I'm guessing it will work for any #11, though I have yet to buy any.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_bHRe2ea5w

And here's one for, #8, but they are sold out atm... Boo...

http://beadsonline.com.au/shop/Bead-Pod-Toggle-Bar-1-Sterling-Silver-Plated.html

You can prob find them easier over in the States.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Beadicted wrote
on May 26, 2013 1:36 AM

I'm at my wits' end. The clamps still are not working even with size 15 beads. They all break.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Beadicted wrote
on May 26, 2013 1:36 AM

I'm at my wits' end. The clamps still are not working even with size 15 beads. They all break.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 158
on May 26, 2013 11:03 PM

Maybe you could stitch in a couple of extra rows with #11 Delicas or #8 beads. It just sounds like the bead size you are using are not strong enough to hold crimps.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 936
on Jul 10, 2013 9:50 PM

Beadicted:

How are you doing with your clamps, on a finished loom woven piece? Would love to help if I can Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Beadicted wrote
on Jul 11, 2013 9:25 PM

Literally nothing worked. Every time I tried, regardless of bead shape or type and length of crimp/end, it just flat out shattered the beads. Considering I barely have much money for luxuries like beading, I gave up on it. I'm gonna have to invent/bead up a toggle clasp or something in order for this to work whenever my beading urge kicks in again.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 936
on Jul 11, 2013 10:51 PM

Beadicted:

Literally nothing worked. Every time I tried, regardless of bead shape or type and length of crimp/end, it just flat out shattered the beads. Considering I barely have much money for luxuries like beading, I gave up on it. I'm gonna have to invent/bead up a toggle clasp or something in order for this to work whenever my beading urge kicks in again.

Oh my. So sorry to read this. I teach " weaving a loom" at a local bead store. I offer so many options to finalize the warps. Please allow me to offer you the right means to complete something, on the loom, and feel comfortable about doing so. Email me. I know there are a few here who feel they offer the best advice. My methods are proven and better than what I have read, even on this forum. Any loom may be warped and any item may be woven. Please allow me,  unlike what is offered here in this forum, give you a "positive feel for the loom"! Email me, PULEEZE.... Just short of taking my classes, ( offered at BEAD SOUP, in Savage Mills).

Email me. I charge for particular insight, but very willing to share, for the sake of "weaving on the loom"! 

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS