New Year Challenge - JOIN ME!

This post has 59 Replies | 11 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Dec 12, 2011 5:10 PM

Hey guys,

Sifting through the emails this morning and opening today's Beading Daily email, Jen has brought up the great 'Earring Challenge for January 2012'!

I tried to do this is September but unfortunately I ran out of steam and momentum but as they say: "If at first you don't succeed.. destroy all evidence you tried!" haha! kidding.. NO! you try try again!!! And so I shall!!! But now that I have given myself a bit of warning, I can give my brain a head start (coz lets face it, she gets a bit slow at the end of the year)..

MY RAMBLING ASIDE! Who would like to join me with this challenge?! It will be fun and a great way to start off the new year! I'm sure Jen will be trying it again.. and we can showcase them at the end of the month Big Smile Hooray!!!

Emma
xXx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 780
Tia Dalma wrote
on Dec 12, 2011 5:46 PM

Emma,

I am totally in for this challenge! I made a pair of earrings today from Marcia DeCoster's pattern "Medici Drops" and they were so simple and worked up so quick! And they are really beautiful!

And maybe we should start a challenge thread to post photos on a weekly basis to make sure we keep up with it during the month...or some of us just might slack off! Haha!

I am really excited about this challenge...it's about time I started making some earrings!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 142
Allison B wrote
on Dec 13, 2011 2:36 PM

Nevermind found it. It looks like a fun challenge. I could use the stimulation. not sure if im gonna participate but am very interested

Show me your fantasy, and ill bead you your world.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Dec 13, 2011 10:36 PM

Vimala - LOVE the idea of posting weekly.. and I am sooo glad that someone else is doing this with me! I feel more motivated knowing that there is someone else on the otherside of the world saying "come on Emma! where are YOUR earrings?" Stick out tongue hahaha!

And I think that its a good idea we post weekly Smile this is gonna be fun!

Allison - Welcome to the forums, I hope you join us! It's more of a motivational challenge for me.. I set myself goals like this and never keep them! lol!

I think I might start stocking up on earring hooks...

Emma
xXx

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 360
Beading_Sue wrote
on Dec 14, 2011 11:50 AM

Hey all!  I'm in!  When I saw Jen's email, I decided to do it, so I'm glad to do it with you. Posting weekly is a great idea.

I need to ramp up my beading activity, so this will be a great way to start my New Year's resolution--and this should be one I can keep!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Dec 15, 2011 8:47 AM

Ok so I know the challenge is to do with making earrings and January, but there are no other details.  What are the parameters?  I'm curious. Smile

The best gift you can give anybody is to love yourself.  Gift 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,025
Editor
on Dec 15, 2011 9:50 AM

I'm so excited about doing this challenge again in 2012! It really was a great exercise for me, and I got some amazing earrings out of it, too. :-)

The details are all on the Beading Daily Bead Along page.

There are some great free beaded earring patterns there to get you started, too! You don't necessarily have to design your own beaded earrings, although that's a fun thing to do as part of the challenge.

Spread the word! I can't wait to see what everyone does!

"Yesterday is history.  Tomorrow is a mystery.  But today is a gift.  That's why it is called the present." -Kung Fu Panda

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Dec 15, 2011 10:08 AM

I don't know if I can do a pair a day, but I could knock out several I think! Not a bad idea since I sold almost ALL my backstock of jewelry this holiday season! Not a bad position to be in! But now it's time to sew fast and restock! haha.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,951
SEllen 2 wrote
on Dec 15, 2011 1:19 PM

Like Nicole

I don't know if I can do a pair a day.(My stash just isn't big enough) I could probably do 1or 2 a week.  I'll have to see how my stash holds up.

Maybe this will get my muse kick started again.

I look forward to seeing all the new creations.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 909
Cindy Daniel wrote
on Dec 15, 2011 2:44 PM

I know I won't be able to do a pair a day - but I will look forward to seeing what you do and cheering you on!

Find my tutorials at: JewelryTales.com

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 26
bastet09 wrote
on Dec 15, 2011 3:50 PM

I'M IN!!! Can somebody please explain to me how can I submit the pictures to the Reader Photo Gallery?? Do I need to have a blog or something of the sort?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 780
Tia Dalma wrote
on Dec 15, 2011 4:22 PM

Yay we have a good amount of people participating in this so far! Hopefully some more will join! And even those who know they cannot do a pair a day, you should still join in and post photos of whatever you do make!

Bastet, you do not need to have a blog to upload photos! If you have them saved on your computer you can upload them easily.

When you are in the message box, click on the green film strip...it is 2 icons to the left of the smiley face. This will bring up a box that says "Insert Media".

Click on browse...but chose the tab "From Computer" (or from URL or From Site if that is where they are stored).

Then a window will pop up where you can search your computer for your images.

Click on the image you want to upload and then click Insert.

You can also adjust the size of your photo in the little Max Width and Max Height boxes...if you leave it with the default settings the photo will usually be really big!

But you can play around with that...if it's too big or too small you can delete it and start again!

I hope this helps!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Dec 16, 2011 12:16 AM

Ok I'm in.  Not so sure I can do one a day, but I haven't been finding any motivation to work on my stuff lately, so I think this will be great.  :0)  And thank you so much for the info!

The best gift you can give anybody is to love yourself.  Gift 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Dec 17, 2011 8:36 AM

I'm in! Like the others, don't know that I can do a pair a day, but will certainly give it my best!! Can't wait to see what everyone posts!! And being my first challenge here, I am very excited!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 13
RebeccaE@12 wrote
on Dec 17, 2011 10:42 AM

I would love to participate!  I enjoy coming up with new and innovative earring ideas.  : )

Page 1 of 4 (60 items) 1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS