Anyone read these?

This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 31
Claire@55 wrote
on Jan 6, 2013 11:09 AM

I have very few beadwork books, but when I picked up "Shaped Beadwork " by Diane Fitzgerald and also "Beaded Allure" by Kelly Wiese I knew I had to have these books.

I didn't set out to work through Shaped Beadwork from cover to cover, just to work a few of the great projects.  But since I got the book  (12/29/2009) I have used many of the techniques for many other projects I have worked on.   I have ticked off more than half of the contents and have completed the "Sealed Locket", many "Purses", the "Celtic Trefoil", "Elegance",Tetra & Cube beads.   I have 2 more beads to do to complete the "Morrocan Lanterns Necklace" and eventually I want to do the "Trillium Necklace"   So it's an excellant book and well worth the investment.

"Beaded Allure" is another lovely book I would recommend; with many romantic designs and some beautiful colour schemes. I've had this one just over a year and although I have only done 2 of the projects I intend to do several others.   I suppose I am still in the process of collecting all the beads required!          I have all the beading magazines since 2004, so there is always something new to distract me.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 30
BeadPassions wrote
on Jan 8, 2013 1:19 PM

Hi beady buddies.  I laughed reading Quinettakj's post about her library.  I have been beading and collecting bead books since 1997.  There were so few books on beading back then that I bought everything!  That continued, along with my love of all things beady ... and now I have, out of necessity (and desire), my own bead studio in the 3rd bedroom with a HUGE bookcase of  books filed by category.  My problem is that there is no more room, and I have a stack of "to be filed" books that is 2 feet high.  And yes, I read them and go back to them constantly.  Don't think for a minute you can have too much reference material if you are a serious beader!

By the way, Beadwork Magazine is the very best out there for seed beaders!  (my humble opinion, of course)

Lindy ... in the redwoods of the San Francisco Bay Area

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ssouza wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 1:42 PM

I know this is after Christmas; however, I find our local library (the library is a cooperative and allows books to be checked out from all municipalities in the county) provides many titles and sometimes I can find these book there. Hope this helps you in your search.

Hope this helps.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 159
on Feb 14, 2013 12:08 AM

I have Mastering Beadwork, its my fave book! And turns out i l already know how to do some of the patterns, as I have done items from tutorials elsewhere, and did not learn the names of the techniques until i got this book!!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
JoeLoco wrote
on Apr 2, 2013 1:58 AM

I’m a fan of Diane Fitzgerald. But I haven’t read the one which you’ve mentioned here. Hope to read it!

Obtain broad career opportunities from internships in Germany.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
Summer152 wrote
on Apr 11, 2013 1:07 AM

I haven't read them but I will

Not Ranked
Posts 2
pinkpancakes wrote
on May 22, 2013 7:23 AM

Umm.... no, not really, haven't heard any of these names before :(

The right dating services are pretty easy to find.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS