Help with "Gothic Butterfly Bracelet"

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Oct 25, 2011 7:47 AM

I hope someone can help. I'm stuck on the clasp bar section of Gothic Butterfly (Beadwork Dec/Jan 2010).

I'm not very good at odd-count peyote but the pattern does not seem right to me. I've tried it several times and am at the hair pulling-out stage. It could be my inexperience with this stitch so please tell me if I'm just being dense! The count of beads seems wrong - even the diagram doesn't seem right.

Other people seem to have had some trouble with this pattern but not at the same point as me. I've managed to sort other problems I had with the bezel but the this is beyond me. I really like this design and want to complete it. Help!!

Thanks

Christina

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,296
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Oct 25, 2011 2:17 PM

Christina

When I get home I will look up the design and take a look at what you are stumbling over. Till then, don't leave your hands oiut of your hair!

Happy Beading!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 1:49 AM

Thanks Sue. I left it alone for a while and then had another look. I still think it's wrong because there should be only 7 of the D beads (last row) and 8 of C (first row). I'm going to have another go. It might not make any sense but I think I'll try doing it upside down with the largest beads first! I know it sounds a bit weird but I do struggle with odd-count.

Still have some hair left!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 7:14 AM

I've sorted it! Not in the way shown in the magazine but it looks ok.

Thanks for your support Sue.

Christina

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,296
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Oct 26, 2011 9:44 AM

Christina, What I noticed right away, is that the diagram is correct, the wording is wrong.  It should in my opion read, add a color D and a color C alternating till you have 13 beads total. That would make more sence to me, because when you string 1D and 1C and repeat 7 times you will not have an odd number, 2 times anything is always going to come out even, at least the way I was thought math.

Happy Beading!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 208
christina66 wrote
on Oct 28, 2011 7:25 AM

Thanks again Sue

I still think the diagram is wrong - there should be only 7 of the largest beads and the diagram shows 8. But nevermind, I've worked something out and I'll post a picture when I've done. I suppose having to improvise helps us learn. It's a really lovely design and worth working at!

Christina

xx

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS