Monday!?!?!

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Aug 25, 2008 1:07 PM

I know that each of you have had a day where you think Why did I even get out of bed or I got out of bed for this?

Anyway...today was one of those days for me. Kind of like why try? 

But tomorrow is another day. I'll go home tonight, pull on my pjs and veg in front of the tv with something really mindless. All will be better tomorrow!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 27
crafty-cat wrote
on Aug 25, 2008 1:34 PM

Hope Tuesday is better for you!

I've had my kids home sick on & off for the last few weeks, with both of them home friday :(  = not much chance for beading!

They were both back to school on Monday :) so I was able to get the grocery shopping done. Had time for some beading in the evening when I was babysitting my neighbours kids.

Made the berry Wreath Ornament that is in the free patterns here, but without the bicones, used size 6 red seed beads and didn't worry about the 8mm one. Still, looks good for my first attempt at something like that.

My neighbour liked it - guess what she'll be getting for Christmas!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,242
on Aug 25, 2008 1:42 PM

(hug)  I think I had the same kinda day. 3 hours sleep, get up have to rush to the bus, get into town and go to the bank and get my weekly dose of bead, some other stuff get home and been stressing to much and have a horrible neck-ache.
I havnt even managed to get enough energy to look at my bead buyings ... but like you say its a new day tomorrow...

good luck

Inca

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Aug 26, 2008 8:01 AM

As we keep saying, patterns are ideas RIGHT! Somehow I missed that free project. I may try one tonight. I have some beads that are similar so I will be like you and use what I have. 

Sorry to hear that both of you had those kind of days. Hopefully the kids are better and some of the stress has gotten better. 

Today is a better day for me a little! Last night my son was a feeling better. Now cabin fever has hit and he wants to get out of the house! Now may be the more difficult time to try to keep him down and rested. But what do I know, I am just the mom. Right?

Oh well, at least he is feeling better. That is the main thing. 

Best of luck to both of you!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
on Aug 28, 2008 4:24 AM

Sound's like you were stressed out. I've learned that there are two kinds of stress; logical and creative. You combat one type by doing the other. Logical stress would be things like traffic jams, problems with reports at work, or difficulties at the store. Creative stress would be things like everyone at work coming to you with problems you need to figure out, the kids sick at home, or other people laying their problems on your doorstep for solutions.

To combat logical stresses you might do a flower arrangement, rearrange furniture, cook something creative or take some photographs. To combat creative stresses you might do a word puzzle, play a game of chess with someone or sort and finally toss out your "to be filed" pile.

Beading is both creative and logical. That's why it relaxes us so much and we crave it when we're stressed out. By the way, if beading is stressing you out it's probably the logical side of it. Go do something completly creative for a bit then when you come back you'll find things go much smoother with whatever problem you were having that was stressing you out.

I hope this doesn't sound to "teachie" but I've found it really does help with my stresses.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS