new tattoo

This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Sep 19, 2011 3:46 AM

I know this is TOTALLY unbead-related, but I wanted to show you guys the new tattoo I got! Big Smile

My dad was diagnosed with brain cancer in 1994 (I was 4 at the time) and unfortunately he passed away from it in 2004..
This is the tattoo I got in memory of my dad Smile

P.S Its on my ankle

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 569
Beadiecat wrote
on Sep 19, 2011 9:04 AM

What a nice remembrance.  My dad passed away from cancer when I was 14 also.  It's not easy.  I always wonder what kind of relationship we would have had if I had known him when I was an adult.

Today would have been my mom's birthday, and she just passed a year ago.  I'm trying to bead up a storm today in remembrance, because she was always very proud of my beading.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Sep 19, 2011 1:32 PM

How very sad to have lost your fathers at such an early age. My father passed when I was 31. My boys were 10and 8 at the time. They don't have too many memories of him, because my husband was in the Air Force and we only got to see our parents  a couple of times a year. Now a days it is so different, my grand daughter's husband is in the Army, but with skype we are able to see the kids on a regular basics. That way the little one won't forget us.

Cat, what a great way to spend today, remembering your Mother. I am sure she is smiling down upon you today.

Emma, what a nice tattoo in your father's name. I was going to ask where it was located, but then I seen your Ps.

Happy Beading.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Sep 19, 2011 10:48 PM

great tat...

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 523
on Sep 21, 2011 12:30 AM

I'm sorry you lost your dad at such a young age Emma. I was 11 when my dad died of cancer.

I often wonder how different my life would have been if he had lived longer. That being said I feel

so blessed to have the life I have right now and none of it would have happened if daddy didn't

die when he did.

I've been contemplating getting a memorial tattoo for my dad but I'm having a hard time deciding

what to get. I was thinking maybe some sort of a fish because he taught me how to fish or I might have a

portrait tat done...or maybe some of the words to a song I love called Daddy's Hands. One of these days I'll figure it out :-)

your tattoo turned out nice by the way :-)

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Sep 24, 2011 6:10 AM

Wow.. Its amazing how many other people have lost someone to cancer. I don't think there would be a person out there that hasn't..

My dad was very important to me and I wanted something nice to remeber him by.

I nearly had a heart attack when I showed my nan.. Instead of getting the routine "Oh Emma, you're terrible. You're ruining your body!", I got "Oh Emma, I like that!". I had to do a double take! I said "Who are YOU and what have you done with MY nan?!?!" Stick out tongue

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone Smile I'll be sure to show you guys my next one! (I have 4 now) haha!

Emma
xXx

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 531
on Oct 11, 2011 7:43 PM

what a beautiful tattoo and a wonderful way to honor your father. I'am sorry for your loss.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS