Dragonfly's Dragonfly

This post has 20 Replies | 0 Followers
wrote
on Aug 21, 2008 12:15 AM

We always use Bacitracin antibiotic ointment on ours, and some artists recommend A&D ointment which is for diaper rash.  Sounds like they're all about the same, although I don't think either of these 2 have any numbing agent in them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Aug 21, 2008 6:34 AM

Bacitracin and Neosporin are practically the same thing. A&D does have a bit of lidacaine in it. That is the numbing agent in the Desedin ointment as well. I did not know this until I talked to my sister last night, but some artists keep a bottle of lidacaine lotion to kind of numb the skin of wusses so that it doesn't hurt as bad. Or for even normal folks to be used in very sensitive areas. You would be surprised at where some people get tatoos. *laughz* Really surprised!

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Aug 21, 2008 9:21 AM

Oh Billy you don't want to get that topic going do you?!? I thought this was a clean site ( LOL ). 

Oh yeah it is amazing!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Aug 23, 2008 12:40 AM

No No, not me! Let's just say that I've seen some and just thought, "OUCH!". Some people have them in some very tender areas to say the least. I'm not going there to be sure.

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Aug 23, 2008 8:28 AM

Luckily, I have heard of some in very delicate places. I have been very LUCKY to not have seen the tattoo first hand. Thank Goodness!!

Some just make me cringe and say OUCH!!! agreed!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,145
on Aug 24, 2008 7:17 PM

I have an Aloe product with Lidocaine.  It's for burns, but I used on some chigger bites.  Gave some relief!!  Going to use it again tonight to get rid of the residual itch.

Just in case someone might be curious, My wife and I went camping on Friday morn, and got back this afternoon.  I tried beading in the camp site:  Mistake #1 -- used terrycloth towel for bead mat,  Mistake #2 -- Tried my first flat gourd/peyote stitch,  Mistake #3 -- pattern called for size 11, I used size 8.  Bead six rows and roll into tube and zip up.  Next time I'll do brickstitch, It's easier -- I've already done six-bead row of  brickstitch with size 8 for about 30 rows.  MUCH easier !!

Stan B .

Stan B.

Lakeland, MN

USA

Ignorance is curable; Stupidity has neither cure nor excuse.

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS