Summer Brights Bead Swap Reveal

This post has 136 Replies | 5 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Aug 18, 2011 9:53 PM

This swap was joined by 24 members of this forum, and all participants were asked to send beads, findings, or related items to be divided into identical packages for all who joined , keeping in mind the theme of 'Summer Brights' . Packages were then re-mailed to everyone with 24 packets of items ( one from each person ). Since everyone has received their packages, I can show what everyone got......

This is a picture of what everyone received.

Now the fun begins! Everyone will create things using the items from the swap ( rounding out their designs with things in their own stashes ) and post their creations here. So get ready to see how many different things can be done with the same items!

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,960
SEllen 2 wrote
on Aug 19, 2011 3:59 PM

Here are my first 2 items made from our package.

The links came from Carrie (I think) if I'm wrong correct me. The turquoise colored quartz bead and the copper all came from my stash.

Okay, I can get only one picture to insert? Anyone else have the same problem?  Guess I 'll have to do another post ...later.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Aug 19, 2011 4:42 PM

Sue Ellen, those came out really cute ! The first thing I made was earrings using a pair of those links...LOL...they just beg to be earrings ! I'll post later when I finish playing with the beads long enough to take pics !

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Aug 19, 2011 8:08 PM

Oh wow, you mean everyone got ALL that?  Surely you meant everyone got bits of that, right?  What an incredible selection!  I can see a few items that would definitely get my interest right away!  Hurray for the first pair of earrings!  I can't wait to see the other picture that wouldn't post for you right away.  I just got home from camp today and couldn't wait to see what goodies you wondrous people got!  lol  This is such a fun thread!

The best gift you can give anybody is to love yourself.  Gift 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,960
SEllen 2 wrote
on Aug 20, 2011 10:23 AM

This is the 2nd peice that wouldn't load last night. (I still had a funky time trying to get it to load.)  From the swap I used the Turquoise, colored, and purple striped beads & the purple and white beads and the little seed beads. I think they came from Emma and I use the purple chalk turquoise large bead from blueflute.  The rest came from my own stash. It's adjustable from 18 inches to 20 inches.

Evalie...those links did just scream earrings. But you know what they say GREAT minds think alike.Wink

Wolfykwe...All 24 of us got ALL that ! With a few variations in color I think but all the same components.

Now, that I've got the first 2 made I'm finding I want to hoard the rest of my beads in the package so I don't run out. LOL! But I'm sure I'll get over that soon enough. They keep calling to me. Come play with us...come play with us!

Off to playtime...Wink

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 388
Wolfykwe wrote
on Aug 20, 2011 10:39 AM

Oh!  It's GORGEOUS!!!!  And wow, really??  That's AMAZING that you guys got all that to play with!!  Soooo exciting!!!  I like how that large purple stone is framed with those gold beads.  I also love how you allowed your beads to fall onto your string in a random pattern.  I would have been sitting there making sure every single bead was matched exactly on the other side.... but I am learning through looking at your piece that you can still create balance through other means.  My way would have diminished that piece.  I am trying to learn to expand the way I think.  I absolutely adore your creation.  Great job!  I can't wait to see more creations!!!  

The best gift you can give anybody is to love yourself.  Gift 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Aug 20, 2011 11:57 AM

Sue Ellen,

I love the necklace, and those earrings are soooo cute!! 

I have been drooling over my selection, but darn relaticks desided they had to come visit this weekend!  Tomorrow they are gone, and tomorrow evening I have a date with a really cool pile of beads!  Wink

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Aug 21, 2011 7:11 PM

Sue Ellen,

You are ON A ROLL girl! Me and my two room mates were sitting in my room over the weekend 'oooh'ing and 'aaaah'ing over all of the pretties.

I've got so many things going through my mind my head is about to explode.

But unfortunately today is Monday Sad and that means off to work.. BUT all is not lost! I have my beads on my desk eagerly awaiting my arrival!

TO ALL:

I wanted to post the reason why I chose those particular beads for the swap.

In my selection I have some
8mm glass pearls - mauve/burgandy mix
8mm glass beads - mauve/purple mix
8mm glass beads - sky blue with purple and black swirl

One summer, my older sister Jessica, bought a bikini that was a sky blue and light purple colour and i swear, she did not take it off all summer!!! So when I saw those beads it reminded me of my sisters bikini.
During summer, I INDULGE myself in mixed berry smoothies.. the colours of the 8mm glass beads with the mauve and purple swirl reminded me of my Boost Juices Smile I also chose the pearls in co-ordinating colours to match my smoothie beads!

So there you have it! I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am!!!! 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Aug 21, 2011 7:12 PM

Here is what I have managed to get finished so far...

And with the earrings:

I wish I had more time to play with all the beads....maybe next weekend :)

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 404
tpfrank wrote
on Aug 21, 2011 9:51 PM

I just started making thing today. I have had a creative block and it broke today. I managed to get two necklaces and three pairs of earrings made before I got a phone call that stopped the roll.  Don't you just despise when that happens?

I made the polymer clay pendants before I got my box of goodies and I was pleased that there were items in the goody box that went with the pendants.  In this necklace I used the teal cracked glass bead from Jannie, 4mm burgundy crystals from Vimala, 4mm teal crystals from Shellie, 10mm cube beads from Samantha ( I think), and the 10mm burgundy glass beads I can not remember who sent those (I'm so sorry I should have wrote down the names with the items as I was using them). The rest of the items came from my stash and I made the toggle clasp.

These earrings were made from the turquoise daggers Evalie sent and the lever back ear wires are from Debbie, the 24 G silver wire is from my stash.

These earrings are made with the items I sent.  I was not sure I was going to make earrings with these when I sent them to Evalie, but when I saw that Mary had put a set of copper ear wires in her package it was a done deal.

I love pink and green they are my favorite colors, so when I saw the green hearts with the pink cat's eye glass beads that Mary had in her package, I knew they were going to be earrings. I strung them on to gold tone base metal head pins and wrapped them to the gold tone ear wires that Mary sent. 

In this necklace I used the beads that Emma sent in her package and the rest of the items are from my own stash.  Yes I know the word is backwards.  My son's friend from New Zealand is visiting him and she picked out the pendant.  I asked her why that one because the writing is backwards and her reply is because it is purple and that is her favorite color.  So there ya go, one just never knows what someone is going to like.

This is all I have done for now.  I just want to thank Evalie for putting this swap together and to everyone that participated, this is a great swap and I'm having a lot of fun playing with the goodies.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 539
Emma.J wrote
on Aug 21, 2011 10:17 PM

I LOVE what you did with the turquoise daggers!!!

Very clever!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Aug 22, 2011 1:43 AM

Emma, I love your story.. and I also have a fondness for smoothies!!

Cristina,  really pretty!!

Therese,  you have been very busy!!  and very creative!!

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 404
tpfrank wrote
on Aug 22, 2011 5:56 AM

I was so excited that this post was up that I forgot to comment on the other's creations.  I apologize for being so rude.  

Ellen, the earrings are very cute, I have been stumped on how to use those components, but I have an idea now, not earrings something else.  The necklace is gorgeous love how you used the beads Emma sent and the purple died turquoise bead from blueflute as the focal.

Christina, I love your necklace very pretty and in keeping with your style.  I never think to use chain Sad I like how you use the clasp as the focal.

I can't wait to see what the other participants come up with, this is exciting and fun.   

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 817
JanineB@7 wrote
on Aug 22, 2011 8:41 AM

So Many pretties and so many thoughts running through my head....This is the first item that I made and I love love love the flowers...

Hopefully I will have time this week to put together more fun stuff...The problem I am having is making a choice on what to do with all of the wonderful items that I have received..I feel like I have ADHD and can't make any decisions...Way too many choices...LOL

Everyone's creations are great..I am just so excited that I keep doing the Happy Dance

Thank you everyone for making this swap super duper....

Janine

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 404
tpfrank wrote
on Aug 22, 2011 9:20 AM

Jannie, the earrings a very cute, I love those little flowers also.  I should have gotten more of them.

Page 1 of 10 (137 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS