Seed beads and all supplies to give away or trade for stringing materials and tools

This post has 59 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 564
Beadiecat wrote
on Oct 8, 2011 2:35 AM

No, Karen, I haven't received anything, and at this point, I've given up and I'm not expecting to ever receive anything.

Cat

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,256
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Oct 8, 2011 12:01 PM

Nothing here either. All I have received was false claims that the package was sent. That was well over a week ago for the second or third time those packages were sent ??????

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 77
absynith wrote
on Oct 8, 2011 2:10 PM

I am not upset about not receiving the beads, the beads that I sent her were of no value to me as I would never use them so I really don't consider that a loss.  I am upset because I was told that it was mailed on 3 different times and it never was.   I realize that yes life does happen, I get that.  But please don't tell me something was done when it never was.  That is what makes me upset.  Oh well, live and learn I guess. 

Regardless I do hope she is well.  I had cancer earlier this year and I go back to the Dr. on the 17th for a re-check.  I would never ever wish cancer on anyone and I am sending many good wishes and prayers her way.

Marla

http://spiceboxdesigns.blogspot.com/

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 564
Beadiecat wrote
on Oct 8, 2011 9:50 PM

I agree.  I'm not upset either, I just wish she would have been honest and told us that life got in the way and she couldn't send anything out.

I do sincerely hope that she is feeling okay.  Cancer is a nasty disease.

And Marla, I hope you get the "all-clear" on the 17th! Yes

Cat

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Oct 8, 2011 9:56 PM

Thanks all for the updates... I too have pretty much given up on receiving the promised beads. 

I wish I could say the beads I sent were not worth much.  I know I would have used them in time, and shipping from Canada is not cheap ($26 for the pkg I sent).  I had sent her quite a few as Marianna had promised me a large supply of seed beads to use for dog collars (a portion of $ goes to the local greyhound rescue group). 

Life often takes unexpected turns, I totally get that.  But I agree, it would be much easier to take if we hadn't been told, more than once, that the beads had been sent. 

Marla, I have all my fingers and toes crossed for an all-clear at your upcoming appointment!

I  hope Marianna recovers, makes good use of and enjoys the supplies we all sent.

Well, I wish you all Happy Thanksgiving (this weekend in Canada)!

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,256
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Oct 9, 2011 1:47 PM

You know, I just wonder how many other forums she may have done this on. I can't see that she would only ask on one forum. Anyone know?

Happy Beading!!!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Oct 11, 2011 6:28 PM

This is the only bead forum I follow.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,256
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Oct 14, 2011 4:39 PM

I received a package from Marianna today. No news as to her health, but I sure hope she is better.

Thank you Marianna, for the lovely beads. They will be put to good use.
Happy Beading,

Sue

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 780
Tia Dalma wrote
on Oct 14, 2011 8:38 PM

Well that is partially excellent news Sue! I am glad you ladies were not being ripped off! But it would be nice to know how Marianna is doing!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,256
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Oct 15, 2011 8:09 AM

I sent her a message last night, expressing my prayers for a speedy recovery.  I will let you all know if I hear how she is fairing. I also hope she is doing better.

Happy Beading!!

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 77
absynith wrote
on Oct 15, 2011 2:42 PM

I also was very happy to receive a package from her today.  I was like a kid in a candy store lol.  Thanks so much!

Marla

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 564
Beadiecat wrote
on Oct 15, 2011 11:01 PM

Yep. I received a package today also.  And what beautiful little beadies I received!

Thanks Marianna!!  Big Smile

Cat

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 57
gitksanfire wrote
on Oct 19, 2011 11:03 PM

Do you have any seed beads left?

Carolyn Turner

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Oct 24, 2011 9:48 PM

Received a package of nice beads today... =)

thanks Marianna!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 520
on Oct 24, 2011 9:57 PM

I received my package of beads from her last week. Such pretty colors I got! I can't wait to play with them.

I'm going to send her a card. My dad died from cancer and so did 5 of his brothers and one of his sisters. I've had friends go through cancer and have a lost a couple of them to it. It is a horrible disease and it is so hard to function when your entire body is trying to fight it. I can totally understand why Marianna was slow in getting the boxes out.

We all knew from the beginning that she was sick and she even stated at times that she had been hospitalized.

I felt bad that there was some criticism and outright accusations of fraud (and to be honest in the beginning I was beginning to wonder). Wouldn't we have felt grand if she had taken such a downward spiral that she had died.

I'm glad that she was able to follow through eventually and I hope that she gets well again and that is why I'm going to send her a card...just to let her know...

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Page 4 of 4 (60 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 | RSS