Men wearing tights in Germany ?

This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Aug 14, 2008 4:18 AM

Last week there was a discussion on the radio here in Indiana about how the new thing in Germany is that guys are wearing tights. For our members in Germany or who visits Germany, is this true? 

The radio station did a thing where they have 3 guys put on tights and wear them for a morning. I am thinking that they were just regular tights that women would buy So my question to you is it true that guys are wearing tights and or they like the ones that women wear? 

Just curious. I don't believe everything I hear and I would be more than happy to call the radio station and set them straight if need be. 

Just curious about this. Thanks!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on Aug 14, 2008 6:06 AM

Hi Sheila,

I didn't hear about a new trend that men wear tights in Germany. Maybe it's some kind of special group or subculture. A few years ago it was said that it is a new trend that men wear skirts. I saw one guy wearing a skirt, but that was more a kind of big shawl that he wrapped around his waist. It would be interesting to hear, where this radio station gathered the information?

That's just what I know but I live in a rural area and maybe this trend reaches us a little later this year. Maybe when it gets cold. Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Aug 14, 2008 8:33 AM

They never specifically said where they heard it that I heard. I missed the first few minutes of the conversation. I figure it is something that the younger group is doing as they were discussing this with guy liner and man mascara. 

My son is into the punk music so I figured he would have heard it but he did no either. I know that guys wear tights for running etc but not just for everyday. 

I think someone was either making this up or misunderstood something. So I figured here was a great place to ask?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
PetraL@5 wrote
on Aug 14, 2008 10:54 AM

Hi Sheila,

I Live in Germany and I have not seen any Men wearing Tights, except for Sports, mainly Biking. I´m sure you didn´t get the whole story.

Greetings from Germany

Petra

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Aug 14, 2008 1:08 PM

The radio station actually bought tights and had 3 guys stand out in front of their station with the tights on ( with shorts over them like they are supposedly wearing them in Germany ). Pictures on the website and all. The question was would guys in American do that?

I may have to send them an e-mail for clarification on behave of all the Germans. Sure there may be one or two but that is not a trend. I myself had not heard of it but thought I was missing it. I have heard of the guys wearing eye liner and mascare but those are mostly guys in music or acting industries.

I thought the radio station was off. I don't listen to them very much so this may be the end of it for me.

Thanks for responding as I know it was a crazy question. But that is how we put an end to all the myths...right?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS