Peacock Butterfly Cuff

This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower rated by 1 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 939
on Aug 7, 2011 11:49 AM

I just photographed another cuff I graphed and loomed, a Peacock Butterfly! This particular cuff not only was designed to include an extended pattern but I also experimented with a 'fringe' type of edging. I love the way this edging worked out, for a cuff. Initaily I was thinking it may make it over the top, but now, as I put it on my wrist, it gives such a wonderful drape over the hand! I will be doing this more as a design idea allows!

The daggers, on the tips of each fringe, are called "Peacock Daggers". They come in many different color backgrounds. I didn't realize the name of these when I first bought them, but then found out and smiled to think how much more perfect they go with this Peacock Butterfly Cuff!

Another reason I wanted to share my latest cuff here is because I just read another post, in another thread/topic about bead looming. There is truly so much more to looming then just creating strips of beads. I also want to add that there are many new and terrific ways to manage the warps, too! Wink

My Blog shares a lot of insight into bead looming, but falls short to share my methods of warps management. If anyone wants to get more involved, I have a Group that offers this method! Big Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
MeganH@18 wrote
on Aug 7, 2011 4:56 PM

Each time I see one of your pieces, I'm blown away.  My mind's eye always goes back to the frog cuff you did.  Fabulous!

Megan

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 102
on Aug 7, 2011 7:21 PM

this is beautiful - thanks for showing us!

jaycee

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,563
D.M.Z wrote
on Aug 7, 2011 8:24 PM

Erin, N I C E.................very cool. Is your group for weaving only on Facebook? I went to your web site (which I visit anyway) and looked for the link and it looked like one would have to be on Facebook to joing?

If this is wrong, please holler at me as I want to be more involved with your group. (dmzapp - at - gmail.com)

Donna

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 939
on Aug 7, 2011 9:04 PM

Hi Megan, thank you so much! Wow, you remember when I was sharing the finish of that cuff! It is one of my favorites too!

Thank you Jaycee! I read once that you thought the best loom is one where you don't have to reweave warps. No one wants to do that any way, but my method is able to be accomplished on any loom, still with no reweaving any warps. I am having a hard time convincing many, but my day will come when everyone realizes it! So far, my Group has grown and we have some avid bead loomers who never thought they would have been!

D.M.Z:

Is your group for weaving only on Facebook?

Donna

Hi Donna, yes, my Group is on Face Book. You have to request to join. Here is the link. http://www.facebook.com/groups/beadloomingintervention/?id=220469431333018&notif_t=group_activity#!/groups/beadloomingintervention/  If you find you must do a search for this Group on Facebook, be sure you search for the GROUP and not a PAGE...called A BEAD LOOMING INTERVENTION. If you are serious about learning to loom right now, there is tons to help you learn. I promise you will be looming effortlessly! Jeni is a member and is looming some wonderful things! I should ask her to stop by here and share some!

Thanks again!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 450
megabgirl wrote
on Aug 8, 2011 10:14 AM

Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Aug 9, 2011 1:56 AM

Amazing!  and I love the fringe on it!

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 410
KristieJ3 wrote
on Aug 9, 2011 9:45 PM

WOW! That is simply stunning, and it looks like really hard work! Just wow, I am amazed!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Aug 10, 2011 6:33 PM

Erin,

As usual, I'm amazed at your vision ! This fringed design is wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us.

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Aug 12, 2011 1:05 PM

Your work is just amazingly inspiring~~

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

http://chibeads.shutterfly.com/

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 72
tiger@4 wrote
on Aug 12, 2011 1:19 PM

This is the first of you work I have seen and it has blown me away. I have 2 looms at home and I want to start using them but never seem to get the time. I have a lot of cross stitch pattens that I want to convert to bead. After seeing what you have done then, learning the loom is my goal for next month.

Have asked to join your group on facebook so I can learn more about using the loom.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 252
kathi@46 wrote
on Aug 12, 2011 4:53 PM

Each one more extraordinary than the last Erin :)

Kathi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 531
on Aug 12, 2011 8:28 PM

Oh my thats stunning!

GORGEOUS!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 31
on Aug 13, 2011 6:03 AM

Wow, Erin, that is a show stopper!

Sarahx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 939
on Aug 13, 2011 11:00 AM

Thank you so much, everyone! First, let me reply that looming is so much faster then any weaving technique. I love to show how versatile it can be because so many think of looming as only being one strip of beading with tons of messy warps to manage. Not at all!

Tiger, if you 'requested to join' then you may have received the 'standard letter' that is generated and sent out. You should reply to that for your next step. Hope to see you there!

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS