Stopping by to say hi to my BD friends - its been a while

This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,099
Sherri S. wrote
on Aug 6, 2011 9:28 AM

Hi everyone,

It's been ages since I've been able to post on the BD.  I don't think I've posted since I got my new kitty last October (yes, my new avatar shows my new baby).  I hope you are all doing well.  I haven't been able to do much in the way of beading for most of the year, and I really miss it.  I did go to my annual June bead show this year and went with a big budget, but I really didn't find a whole lot that got me excited.

Some of you who know me may remember I was griping about my miserably slow dial-up connection after internet filters were implemented at my day job.  That in combination with changes to the BD website design made it neigh to impossible for me to post on the BD from home - the pages wouldn't load on my dial-up connection. 

Good news is that as of 3 weeks ago, we now have satellite internet, which is way faster than the 24K dial-up connection I had.  We got a flier in the mail that said one of the local satellite providers received funding from ARRA (American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009) to provide AFFORDABLE high speed internet to underserved rural areas, and our address qualified!  We will be paying the same low price for life!  I am so relieved, it has made life SO much easier, and now I can post on the BD again.  Not to mention, it no longer takes me hours to shop on one site or hours to upload photos to my Etsy and ArtFire shops.

I hope you are all doing well, and I hope to be posting regularly on the BD again soon.

((((((((((((((((((HUGS!!!!!!!)))))))))))))

Sherri

Sherri S.

Check out my Etsy Store......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6321824

Check out my Etsy Beads Store.......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7141344

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,964
SEllen 2 wrote
on Aug 6, 2011 12:18 PM

Sherri S.

Welcome back.

Glad to hear about your new internet connection. It should make things easier & more fun now that you don't have to wait so long for everything to load.

We'll look forward to seeing you posting again.(As life allows)

Have a great weekend.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Aug 12, 2011 2:18 PM

Welcome Back Sherri,

I have been off site more than on. I still check in when I can. Bead when I can. My life these days, "is a train wreck waiting for the right intersection, (so far hasn' t slowed me down".

off to a craft show this week end in Deming,NM.

Welcome to the New folks, and hi to the ole timers.

hugs Mary berg

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Aug 13, 2011 1:32 PM

Hi Sherri,

I've been AWOL, too - even though it's summer and should be slow, I've got a ton of work to keep me busy anyway. We're putting some of the store online and man is that a ton of work!

Congrats on getting satellite connection - it makes a world of difference, doesn't it? Also - congrats on the new kitty. I love those "tuxedo" cats! Many years ago, we had one with a white bib & tie and white mitts on his feet. He was very elegant.

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,099
Sherri S. wrote
on Aug 21, 2011 7:46 PM

Thanks for your welcome back notes, all.

Deb, my "tuxedo" cat is named Midnight, and she has far more black than she does white.  She has a combination of black and white whiskers, and only has white on her toes, neck and tummy, and she's as soft as velvet.  Hubby named her Midnight before I even had a chance to think of a name.  After not having a cat for 11 years, it was karma that hubby named her when he had never liked cats in his life, so the name stuck.

I'll look forward to talking to you all again!Wink

Sherri S.

Check out my Etsy Store......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6321824

Check out my Etsy Beads Store.......

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7141344

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Aug 22, 2011 7:56 AM

Welcome back Sherri.  Love the picture of Midnight - she is so pretty.  I have to laugh - years ago i had a totally black cat that everyone wanted me to name Midnight, but I just couldn't bring mysel to go with the "obvious".  I threatened to name him Eleven Fifty Nine (rather than midnight) but ended up naming him Rorschach after the man who invented the ink blot (Rorschach) test...guess I had one too many Psych classes in college.  I had to explain that poor cat's name to everyone for 16 years - should have gone with Eleven Fifty Nine!! LOL

Ricki

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,335
DebWAZ wrote
on Aug 22, 2011 4:21 PM

Sherri S.:

Thanks for your welcome back notes, all.

Deb, my "tuxedo" cat is named Midnight, and she has far more black than she does white.  She has a combination of black and white whiskers, and only has white on her toes, neck and tummy, and she's as soft as velvet.  Hubby named her Midnight before I even had a chance to think of a name.  After not having a cat for 11 years, it was karma that hubby named her when he had never liked cats in his life, so the name stuck.

I'll look forward to talking to you all again!Wink

Sherry,

Midnight's markings are exactly why I would call her a "tuxedo" cat. I had 2 black and white toms - one was all black with white mitts and a little white on his tummy. He was named Gerald because he was a brat. [You have to have lived in Phoenix in the 60's and 70's to get the reference.] The other was called Tennessee Tuxedo or Tux because he had white socks, white mitts, a white throat and a little white strip down his tummy.

Deb

Deb

azbeaddepot.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,830
KipperCat wrote
on Aug 22, 2011 9:01 PM

Sherri, so nice to see you back!  Midnight is beautiful.

I was thinking about you the other day, realizing that I'd been holding on to those lovely pearls I got from you.  I tend to get too focused on seedbeading, and only look for other beads to go with the seed project I already have in mine.  Time to think about projects with those pearls in mind.

Liz

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 250
Claudette48 wrote
on Aug 23, 2011 8:41 AM

I love Midnight and I've always loved your Beading Cat!  Adorable.  Very clever.

I do animal rescue and one time two of the most peculiar young girls brought a cat to me named Midnight.  When I say peculiar, these girls were right out of a really bad B rated horror movie - very peculiar.  So much so that to this day not only was the whole thing very surreal, but I vacillated between that they were acting or "real."

Very often when new animals arrive they hide.  I let them until they're ready to come out, making sure that food water and potty are available sometimes moving it further and further from their hiding place.  Well, although Midnight would let me close to him, he wouldn't let anyone even near him.  He would turn into a Tasmanian Devil Cat - claws and teeth flashing and slashing, which makes it really hard to find homes for them.  The last person person I tried to place him with he shredded to bleeding pieces.

It was then I and a very close friend of mine decided that she would have to take him.  That was ten years ago, he has always loved her, her other animals, her guests and me.  He's a wonderful cat and that was ten years ago.

Claudette

Tip: To stop metal findings from tarnishing store in a ZIP Lock bag with a chunk of chalk.

amagnetaday

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 214
Silverior wrote
on Sep 3, 2011 4:25 AM

it is been ages since i have able to post again on BD too :))

nice to meet you again on BD :)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS