Old (vintage) seed beads ?

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Debbie@303 wrote
on Jul 14, 2011 2:29 PM

Hello!

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I screw up!

I was at an estate sale and came across a box of seed beads. I really don't know much about them, but I have a hard time passing up ANY beads!  I thought that they were somewhat different looking ..so I bought them...paid more then I wanted to! I was hoping someone on this forum could give me some information on age, value and maybe point me to someone who might like to buy some. I would like to keep about half..but I would not be able to use them all!

Thanks in advance!

Debbie

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 298
Xoko wrote
on Jul 14, 2011 3:31 PM

I don't know much about seed bead history, but I love working with them. Would you be willing to separate with the green ones? How much would you like for them if they are for sale? 

What a cool find! 

Cool

Sean

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Debbie@303 wrote
on Jul 16, 2011 6:48 PM

Hi Sean!

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I thought I would get an email when someone responded to my post....I was wrong! LOL. Yes..I would sell any of them for $1.50 a hank. A hank being 12 long strings. I guess that is the norm for hanks? The shipping would be the actual cost the P.O. charges me. The green is 1/2 k..it has 14 hanks. Plus..I would throw in all the loose green I have! That would be  $21.00 plus shipping. Does that sound fair? There should be approx 60,480 beads total. That is about 1 lb( 16 oz) of weight.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks....Debbie

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 298
Xoko wrote
on Jul 20, 2011 9:08 AM

I'm not sure I need all 14 hanks, as I would quickly run of of things to do with them! Would you be willing to send maybe 2 or 3 hanks at the same price of 1.50$ each? Thanks!

Cheers!

Cool

Sean

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Jul 20, 2011 5:48 PM

I'd be interested in the chalk white ones and the white lined ones.....would you be willing to part with about half of each? Do you want a straight sale, or is there something else you're looking for? Just email me with response.

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Jul 23, 2011 8:57 AM

I would like one hank of everything you have (especially the pink and green ones).....if you have anything left that is lol.

Shoot me an email :)

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS