MONTEE & BICONE BRACELET

This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
KATVISIONS wrote
on Aug 10, 2008 4:17 PM

Looking for a bracelet pattern that uses montees with 4mm & 6mm bicone crystalls (Montee magic?)  Thought one might be available thru Beading Daily, but cannot seem to find.

Any suggestions?

Thanx!

Katvisions

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 502
Editor
on Aug 11, 2008 5:30 AM

The bracelet is in the Feb/Mar 2008 issue of Beadwork magazine.  (It's the project on the cover.)  You can buy the back issue here: http://www.interweave.com/bead/beadwork_magazine/back_issues/02_08.asp

We can also work on getting the project into the online store, assuming we have permission from the designer.  Thanks for letting us know you're interested in the project!  I always look to reader suggestions for what projects to make available.

Michelle

P.S.  UPDATE:  Instruction are now for sale in the store:
http://shop.interweave.com/Monte-Magic-P813C0.aspx

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Pat@319 wrote
on Sep 18, 2008 10:34 AM

Smile Does anyone know where to buy the crystal roses montees for this design? I can't find anything on the internet... Any help would be much appreciated!

Pat

wrote
on Sep 19, 2008 1:02 AM

Not sure where to get them in the UK, but I know Fire Mountain Gems has both Swarovski and Czech rose montees (the Czech ones are cheaper but not as sparkly-I have some).

I've also seen a pattern using jump rings to link the montees together, but can't remember where.  I used a combination of jump rings and fishing line recently to make components for a bracelet, and I'm testing it to make sure the fishing line doesn't break from rubbing on the montees.  Fingers crossed!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Trish@68 wrote
on May 14, 2009 11:06 AM

I don't know if you know, but firemountaingems.com has a project on their website using montees but they use wire instead of thread or line. 

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Mags279 wrote
on May 12, 2013 1:38 PM

I know that you posted this back a few years ago, but I was wondering where I can find this pattern. I tried to find the back issue and they only go to 2011.... The link to the store is broken as well.  Please help as I have just discovered montees and am looking for more ways to use them.

Maggie

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on May 12, 2013 5:35 PM

As already stated, Fire Mtn Gems carries 2 brands. When deciding which one to purchase, check the backsides, as the holes are a little different. Both brands allow for 2-way threading, how ever the Swarovski (which are MUCH more blingy) only allow you to stitch straight through. I bought the other brand also so that I can stitch through on the same side.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on May 12, 2013 5:40 PM

Mags- you can also check out youtube. there are a lot of tuts' using the bicones and montees in bracelets. Also, you can make your own embellishments on any bracelet you want. One I keep seeing time and again is a RAW with embellishments in as many different looks and combinations as you can imagine, using all sorts of different sized and colored beads, including bicones and montees. I do love the montees also. But right now I'm a little tired of every piece of jewelry I pick up being all bling. I'm trying to dial it back for awhile............. (that's not working out so well, but that's a whole other story).

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS