Bead software Illustrating bead instructions

This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
safedigan wrote
on Jul 11, 2011 7:58 PM

Please help. I am trying to find beading software that is not for creating patterns with seed beads. I just want to be able to illustrate stringing and very simple bead weaving instructions. I see these illustrations all of the time in the bead magazines but all of the beading software products that i am finding seem to be about creating seed bead patterns on a grid.

Does anybody know where I can find bead software that i am describing?  Thank you so much!!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 252
kathi@46 wrote
on Jul 12, 2011 7:41 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Swarovski have a design tool here.....

http://www.create-your-style.com/Content.Node/get-started/Design-Tool-and-Community.en.php

and Silverhill Design have put together a Fringe Designer that you may also find useful.....

http://www.silverhilldesign.com/designer/designer.html

I don't know if you were to use these to make patterns for commercial use if you would need permission but its best to check.

I know that some designers have successfully used such programs as Paint Shop etc to create their designs.

Kathi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 569
Beadiecat wrote
on Jul 12, 2011 10:39 AM

Here is a website (link) where she gives a detailed tutorial on how to use a free program called Inkscape to draw bead diagrams.

Cat

The Cat's Meow Blog

My RebelMouse page and Etsy shop

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 13, 2011 6:46 AM

Thanks, for asking the Question. I also want to Thanks those who shared info. these sites are very easy to follow and helpful.

Just what I been searching for.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SusanC@208 wrote
on Jul 13, 2011 9:25 AM

Thanks!!  This is just what I needed!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
luv2bead wrote
on Sep 23, 2011 7:46 AM

Dear Kathi,

I love the silver hill design soft ware very easy to use but I couldn't find a way to save my design once finished.  I have email them and am waiting for a reply.  With that said do you know of  a software similar that you can actually save your work for later?

I would be willing to purchase something if it was easy to use like the silver hill.

Thanks for your help

Anita

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 446
megabgirl wrote
on Sep 23, 2011 9:09 AM

I draw my own diagrams using Abode Illustrator. It's a learning curve to figure out how to use the program, but they offer free 30-day trails form the adobe website. Maybe you could try it out and see if it's something you would be able to use? I've never actually used beading design software, so I'm not sure how it compares, but I design all of my beading pattern with Illustrator and InDesign. They are expensive to buy permanently, but I cannot imagine my life without them.

*graphic design geek here though*

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Sep 23, 2011 11:35 AM

I think I'm going to try the Swarovski one, since it will calculate how many beads you will need, and let you save and print your idea. Thanks for the help!!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS