Another Challenge Swap? Closed Sign up

This post has 145 Replies | 12 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Jun 20, 2011 6:52 PM

It's been a while since one of these was done, and I was wondering if there would be any interest in another one.

These swaps (for those of you who are relative newbies to the site) consist of picking a general theme.....then purchasing or finding something you already have that you can send at least one of for everyone who signed up to participate. It can be a bead or beads, findings, lengths of string, wire or cord. The items would be sent to me as the coordinator,with a couple of dollars for shipping, and I would divide the items into packets and send them on to all who joined in. So everyone would get a nice little surprise package in the mail.

The challenge part is making things from the items in the package and then posting your creations on the site to share with everyone.

In the past, we've done a Naturals Swap and a Purple and yellow Swap. I'd like to suggest a 'Summer Brights' Swap this time. It's something that would leave the choices very broad for everyone to pick something to send, and I know I personally have a difficult time designing with bright colors, so it sounded like a challenge.....at least for me....LOL.

Anyone interested? Any suggestions for a different theme?

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

http://www.etsy.com/shop/4evadorn 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,960
SEllen 2 wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 10:21 AM

Evalie

A 'Summer Brights' swap sounds fun.

But for me it would depend on how many sign up to swap as I don't use alot of "Bright" colors so I'd have to purchase some beads. Which isn't a bad thing. Wink But I'd need to make sure I've got enough $$$ for beads and for shipping.

I'll be watching this thread to see what everyone else thinks.

sellen Smile

southwest Texas USA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 61
ElleBlaisure wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 11:57 AM

Sounds like fun. I would do it, although it would be my first time in doing so.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 12:02 PM

I would  be interested... Does it matter that I'm in Canada?

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 360
Beading_Sue wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 12:08 PM

Evalie,

Sounds like fun.  I've never done a challenge before so it'll be a learning experience.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,505
D.M.Z wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 12:15 PM

I'd love to be involved in a challenge ......... our local bead society does them but not in summer as we have a lower attendance.  My middle name is bright color, so this will be up my alley.

Donna in WestOR

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 1:10 PM

Evalie - Sounds like fun... I love bright colors!

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 57
jamesdean wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 2:38 PM

I would be really interested in doing another challenge swap. I had so much fun with the Naturals challenge swap (still have beads to use).

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 5:00 PM

Glad to see some of you interested.!

Sellen, you could always send findings or wire instead of beads if you have extra instead of buying something..Usually it was about 30 for a swap....as a matter of fact, I'd like to keep it at 30 for this sign up. It's a good number to have, and not too many to keep track.

SO......THE FIRST 30 PEOPLE TO SEND ME THEIR INFO AND COMMIT WILL BE IN !!!!!!

Karen.....it doesn't matter to me if I ship your beads to Canada.....i'd like to keep this open to whoever would like to join...no matter where they live.

I would like to see a final count by July 15th with a shipping date to get your chosen items to me of July 30th. If no one has a better color idea, why don't we go for the 'summer brights' theme.

Anyone who wants to definately be counted in, please e-mail me through the link on my profile here. Please include your real name and address so I can start a master list for this.

If everyone could send $2-3 with their items on the 30th of July  for me to ship packages back to everyone it would be appreciated, but is not required if you're struggling just to buy something to send. Everyone should be able to get a fun goody bag to play with who goes to the effort to send something for inclusion in this.

It's nice to see some of you interested who haven't done this before. It's so much fun to get new things to play with and then to share what's made.....it's always amazing how many different looks can be achieved with the same basic materials !  The only thing I would ask is please be sure you can commit to sending the proper amount of items(bead,findings,ets) by the 30th of July. I don't want to have the receipt of everyones goody bag to be held up ....also checking in to the forum often helps. It keeps all of us updated.

I'll keep everyone posted on the number of people signed up, so you can get an idea of how many items will be needed to be sent.

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 5:15 PM

Evalie,

this sounds like a lot of fun! I have not participated in any of the swaps or challenges before but I would love to start! I am mainly a seed beader though so my stash, which is quite large, is mainly seed beads. I don't know if everyone would want seed beads though as there are so many different styles of bead artists here!

So, I guess my question is how many beads should we include per person? I'm so used to just thinking in terms of grams of seed beads...haha!

Or if I did include some awesome color of seed beads with some other beads would you divide them up per person or would I need to do that before sending them to you? And would a few grams per person be cool? Too much? Not enough? I know, I have too many questions...Sorry!

I just wouldn't want to be the new person that contributes something totally unusable!

So maybe just a few more pointers or suggestions as to what has been shared in past swaps?

I will email you with my info as well...I just want to make sure I am able to join in and actually be useful with my swap items! I will also go look through the forum to find photos of the past swaps you all have done so I can get some inspiration and idea of how this works!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,472
Evalie wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 5:26 PM

Tia, There are never too many questions ! And there is no such thing as receiving too few beads.....most of us would find something to make with just ONE....LOL

I guess it's easiest to say that whatever you can send is fine....a pair of earwires....a couple of grams of seeds.....two ft. of cord......a focal bead.....some jumprings....etc PER PERSON. I know it adds up quickly, so don't worry too much. You could send one item, or a couple. or whatever..... if you have them.....just the same items for each person in the swap.

Also remember that we're not trying to design solely on what's sent. We will all use things we already have to 'round out' our designs when we start creating. The swap items are just meant as a starting point for our designs, and a fun way to try something together.

Evalie

Massachusetts Coast

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 781
Tia Dalma wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 5:52 PM

Thank you Evalie! I am definitely in and I will email you my info!

This sounds like it will be great fun!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
babydollcb22 wrote
on Jun 21, 2011 6:38 PM

Sounds like lots of fun!  Count me in!  I will send you my info.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 32
on Jun 22, 2011 5:28 AM

‘Summer Bright’ Swap sounds good. It would be my first too but I would give it a try. :)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 404
tpfrank wrote
on Jun 22, 2011 7:07 AM

Wow!  I'm glad I checked the post or I would have missed out on this challenge, so count me in as well.  I will email my info to you right away.  This is going to be so much fun!!!! 

Page 1 of 10 (146 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS