How do you price???

This post has 91 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 41
Jim Juris wrote
on Jul 7, 2012 10:01 PM

Hi Mary,

I would recommend charging somewhere between $9 and $12.50 per hour.   Somewhere towards the higher side ($11 to $12.50) I think would be fair if you have at least two to three years of jewelry making experience.  I am thinking $10 to $11, if you would like me to narrow the labor rate down for you based on what you told me.

If the shop is an upscale shop then I would say $12 to $15 per hour would be fair for your labor with the number of years of experience being the determining factor as in the paragraph above.  I am thinking $12 to $13 if the shop is upscale.

Keep in mind that you may get more work in the future provided that you do good work, in a reasonable amount of time, and you are pricing your labor reasonably.

I hope the price range that I am recommending is acceptable to both you and her.

Jim Juris

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,143
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Jul 13, 2012 10:05 PM

Great Info Jim, I make sure to always read your Post.    I price based on cost and time.

I just love people who come to my yard sale, first kind is "I can make that for less". At a Craft Sale, Many buy my Jewlelry for the patterns,(only to discover, there is more work and time, and expense than they figured on in the beginning.)

I am at last ready to just sell on line.

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 7 of 7 (92 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7 | RSS