Mixed Media: Personalized Jewelry

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 127
jamberrysong wrote
on May 29, 2011 3:31 AM

Did anyone else take advantage of the fabulous $0.10 offer and download this video? I'm a magazine/book/internet tutorial person (and a trial-and-error one, too, of course), but I've never watched a jewelry-making video before. I figured I'd go for it to see how it works.

Have to admit, it was a little awkward for me (does anyone else talk to the video?), but Jean Campbell seems like a really cool, innovative person. I learned a lot about using different kinds of resins and some fun techniques from this video. Anyone else watch it? I'm itching to talk about it with someone! (My fiance laughs at me. He doesn't understand!) What was your favorite technique? What did you already know but learned a new way to approach? Have you adapted any of the techniques in your own unique way to suit your projects?

I know I've had some rubber stamps around, but after watching this video I realized just how narrow-minded I've been regarding their use in jewelry-making and have now tried all sorts of new things with them. I think that had to have been my favorite part. :D Thanks, Jean! And thank you, Interweave, for this awesome special offer. I think I might try some more jewelry-making videos in the near future.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what's essential is invisible to the eye." - Fox, The Little Prince

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on May 31, 2011 6:23 PM

Take advantage of--absolutely!

Have time to watch--fat chance. Sad

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS