Help with finishing techniqs!

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 4
on May 11, 2011 2:31 AM

Pls. can someone help me with some problems. I start beading about several month ago,,,and Im good at it,,but when I need to finish my peace of jewerly I stoped!! I do not now what to do with threads on the and, I work at loom and my favorite peyote stich?? I made some great neckles but at the and I have on both sides for 8 threads what I should do with them?? I cant put them back in neckles cause I have many threads ,,my seed beads isnt big enough.Pls help me,,thank You all!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,217
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on May 11, 2011 9:07 AM

I can help you with the peyote ends, but I am clueless with the loom work.

Do you already have your clasp attached when you start having trouble?

If so you;

Option #1:   tie off the thread by going back through a few beads and do a half hitch knot, go through a few more beads and do another half hitch knot, I do it one more time and then through one beads and cut the thread. 

Option #2:  finish off your thread by weaving back and forth making a figure 8. After several 8's it should be safe for you to clip your thread.

I use option #1 if I am using a seed bead, because it tends to be a little loser, and I use option #2 if I am using delicas or treasures, they tend to sit closer and tighter so I feel safe using this option.

You can use either with most any of the off loom project.

For the ends of the loom work, I will leave that to be answered by the loom people.

Hope this helps.

Happy beading.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on May 14, 2011 6:08 AM

SCB1:

I can help you with the peyote ends, but I am clueless with the loom work.

Do you already have your clasp attached when you start having trouble?

If so you;

Option #1:   tie off the thread by going back through a few beads and do a half hitch knot, go through a few more beads and do another half hitch knot, I do it one more time and then through one beads and cut the thread. 

Option #2:  finish off your thread by weaving back and forth making a figure 8. After several 8's it should be safe for you to clip your thread.

I use option #1 if I am using a seed bead, because it tends to be a little loser, and I use option #2 if I am using delicas or treasures, they tend to sit closer and tighter so I feel safe using this option.

You can use either with most any of the off loom project.

For the ends of the loom work, I will leave that to be answered by the loom people.

Hope this helps.

Happy beading.

Thank You very much!!!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,217
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on May 14, 2011 5:50 PM

Your welcome. I am glad I could help you with your ends.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
DrayaB wrote
on May 23, 2011 8:22 AM

Sue, you are SO helpful and wise!

I just joined the forum today and posted my own question under the "How To" forum and the "New to" forum as well, as I am sort of desperate for advice..

I hope that you can advise me as well!

Not Ranked
Posts 12
tpatcheson wrote
on May 23, 2013 1:27 PM

To finish off your peyote, thread back into the beads, make a half hitch, thread some more, make another half hitch. You can also use a dab of glue on knots. I use GS Hypo because it has a fine applicator tip and the glue holds.
You say you can't get your needle back in because of too many threads. Solution: try switching to a really fine needle for this part (#16?). Also, you can change your beading thread for new projects. Fireline comes in various tests: 4, 6, 8, 12 lbs and more. I generally use a 6lb test for normal work. I use a heavier thread when I know I will be needing lots of tension in the thread, and I use the 4lb when I am doing fine work with #15 aught beads, or when I know I will be passing a thread through multiple times.
Good luck with your beading!
Teresa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS