Free video tutorial on DNA beaded earrings: How to weave a double helix

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers rated by 1 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 86
gwenbeads wrote
on Apr 25, 2011 5:29 PM

Hi,

I wanted to share with you my newest video beading tutorial that shows how to make a double helix with beads like these earrings.

Thank you for letting my show my work.

Cheers,
:D gwen

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 1,018
ingrid@38 wrote
on Apr 26, 2011 1:40 AM

I have just watched the entire tutorial. Wow, what a cool design, quite complexe, too. I have to start collecting  size 8 seedbeads so I can make these, they are wonderful. The tutorial is foolproof, and no way you can make these just by looking at the picture. 

Thanks a lot for sharing this, Gwen, I can't wait to get started on this. Big Smile

Ingrid

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ingridwang69

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Apr 26, 2011 5:01 AM

Wow!! Fabulous! Thank you!! I'm gonna be making  earrings tonight so I will give this a try!!

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

http://chibeads.shutterfly.com/

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 86
gwenbeads wrote
on Apr 26, 2011 11:14 AM

Ingrid, I'm so sorry to give you an excuse to buy more beads.  Hehe.  I really hope you'll show me what you make. 

Thanks for your comments,

gwen

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 86
gwenbeads wrote
on Apr 26, 2011 11:16 AM

squirrelflight, You're very welcome. Don't forget to pick your favorite DNA sequence first.  Hehe.  I hope you'll show me your finished earrings.

Thanks,

gwen

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 563
kareng915 wrote
on Apr 26, 2011 11:21 AM

Great tutorial!!  Can't wait to give it a try.  Also love the explaination of the origin of the pattern! 

karen  ~  BeadDelirium    blog  |  artfire 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 86
gwenbeads wrote
on Apr 26, 2011 4:06 PM

Thank you Karen.  It was a great learning experience for me, finding out how DNA is coded.  I learned all about bacteria and enzymes and such.  I think science is cool.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS