Home again!

This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
CharleeT wrote
on Apr 14, 2011 10:25 PM

A few months ago, my DH surprised me with plane tickets and a trip to Colorado to see my grandbabies and best girlfriend of many years!  It had been 3 years since I'd seen my son and his children, the youngest one wasn't born yet!   We left on the 5th, and got back last night. 

Had a wonderful week with all of them, and even managed to fit in some side trips to a few bead stores! :)   It's good to be home, but I miss them all already! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,269
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 15, 2011 7:40 PM

I am glad you had such a good time. Your Husband is very nice to give such a thoughtful surprise.

Welcome back.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
CharleeT wrote
on Apr 15, 2011 8:19 PM

I couldn't agree more Sue...I have SUCH a good man!!  He loves to do things for me, and he tolerates my OCDs with such grace! LOL  I tend to go a bit overboard when it comes to my crafty hobbies...and he never complains! :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,269
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 15, 2011 9:45 PM

Good man. I have one like that myself, and we have been married for 47 years in July. Good men are hard to find. You better hold on to him, he's a keeper. That is what I tell my husband all the time, "he is a keeper". He will do anything around the house except clean the toilets. Yup, he's a keeper.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 581
debbiela wrote
on Apr 16, 2011 4:19 AM

SCB1:

He will do anything around the house except clean the toilets. Yup, he's a keeper.

See, I don't understand this statement at all.  lol !  I'm sure your hubby is a keeper as is mine however, he does use that particular house hold fixture does he not ?  :)  I have always figured - if you use it, you can clean just as easily as I can.  lol !   

Not meaning to derail the thread at all.  Just couldn't resist commenting on that statement.  Smile

My kids are in a different state too and I always miss them.   

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,269
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Apr 16, 2011 4:49 AM

The cleaning of the toilets is no big deal, seeing that is all I have to do around here. He does all the cooking and has for the last 20 or so years. Does laundry, run the vacuum sweeper, feeds the cat, does the dishes, however I wipe off all the counters and the stove. Mows the lawn, weeds the flowers, and I can go on and on, but won't.  In fact he is making my coffee right now. He treats me like a queen, and I love it.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Apr 16, 2011 7:13 AM

Glad you had a good trip to see your family!

I just got my DH back home for good 2 weeks ago (hence my extended absencesWink).  He had to finish up his last military tour and I came home ahead of him to find a job.  We never expected it would be 6 months before he'd be able to come back home but I've got him now.  He'll be officially retired from the AF in May. :)

Sorry, don't mean to steal your good news but I had to share.

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
CharleeT wrote
on Apr 17, 2011 8:39 AM

I don't see any "derailing" going on!!  Idle chat is just that!! :)

Sue...William is the same way.  Once, when I was on the phone with my late mother, she asked about the noise in the background.  I told her that William was doing dishes.  She said, "Oh...you must have cooked a nice dinner!"   Told her that he had cooked dinner.  She asked me "WHY is he doing dishes if he cooked?"   My reply was, "Cuz that's his job?"  ~laffin~  She replied with. "Put him on the phone, I'm going to give him my permission to spank you!"  ;)

Jeni...thanks to both your husband AND you for everything you do and have given up for the service to our country!!  I'm so glad you've got him home with you now!  My former daughter in law's boyfriend is AF, and both of my new daughter in law's parents are retired AF.  My family was/is all Army.  I know the worries and the sacrifices you've both made!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,142
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Apr 18, 2011 12:18 AM

Congradulations! on having a good trip. It is Great that you got to visit family and friends.

I would say," your married to a very smart man".  Yes

I read this poster in a an olde newspaper.It still holds true, a 100 years later, "When Wife aint happy, ain't No body gonna be happy"[;)

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS