questions about flat spiral stitch~

This post has 30 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 1:50 PM

Addicted-I know what you mean! I decided to try spiral stitch yesterday and really didn't like they way they were working (tried 3 times!) so gave up until I can get different beads tomorrow at the bead store. 

Sandra-Thanks! I really am pleased with it and will keep it for a couple weeks to wear myself, THEN send it to my sister! Hopefully I will have made another one by then for me to keep! LOL!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 136
rosyjazz wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 4:27 PM

I really love how this turned out. I would love to make it as well. Is there a video tutorial that you used for this particular pattern?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 136
rosyjazz wrote
on Mar 21, 2011 4:41 PM

Okies, I found the answer to my question!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 144
on Mar 23, 2011 4:50 PM

Karen

I have made bracelets and a necklace using flat spiral without any problems.  The only part that wants to curl is the very first section which I tack down by sewing from one point bead into the next section.  Here are some examples.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 136
rosyjazz wrote
on Mar 23, 2011 5:24 PM

Philones,

The last set is just ABSOLUTELY stunning!! I am in the process of making a necklace. I would just LOVE to make a set of earrings to go with it and I really love the look you have created. I would love to make them. May I know how you made them? Please feel free to contact me off list.

I am really impressed with your beading. How long have you been beading? Do you have an online gallery? Etsy perhaps?

Thank you kindly,

Rosy

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 144
on Mar 23, 2011 5:39 PM

Rosy

I replied to your response on email, I don't know if it will come thru so here it is again.

Rosy

For the earrings you make the the same as the flat spiral and just drape the seed beads down with maybe a fire polish in the center.  Each drape should be maybe 2-4 beads longer.  Play with it until it looks right.

I have been bead weaving for about 6 years now.  I just started selling my pieces, but have not decided on any of the websites.  I have my items for sale in about three places, my beautician's shop, the LBS where I work and I am a member of the Artisan and Crafters of the Oak Park Women''s Exchange.
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 299
pollydoodle2 wrote
on Mar 24, 2011 7:47 AM

That is so pretty. I have done a lot of flat spiral and love this stitch. I want to figure out earrings. :)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 360
Beading_Sue wrote
on Mar 24, 2011 3:06 PM

I love both necklaces and the bracelets, too.  Can't wait until I can try this stitch.  The youtube video makes it look easy!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 531
on Mar 24, 2011 3:59 PM

Karen, Thats most likely gonna be how it turns out for me when I try it...I just love the endless possibilities of the colors schemes you can use.

Angela

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 531
on Mar 24, 2011 4:02 PM

Philonese, those pieces are beautiful. I love how you used beads instead of Swarvoski's, gives me another idea on how to incorporate different beads in the Flat spiral Stitch.

My favorite is the last photo with the bracelet and Earrings composed of Goldstone beads...Love it!

Angela

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 348
Chibabies6 wrote
on Mar 25, 2011 9:20 AM

Just gorgeous!!!  Yes

Michelle K.

Follow my As They Grow project..  weekly pictures of my 3 chihuahuas from birth to age 1.

http://chibeads.shutterfly.com/

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Sally@6 wrote
on Apr 1, 2011 1:38 PM

Can someone point me to instructions for this flat spiral? I'd love to make something like this. It's beautiful. Thanks!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 643
untmom2003 wrote
on Apr 1, 2011 7:03 PM

http://www.auntiesbeads.com/Flat-Spiral-Stitch-Video_p_4119.html This is what I watched and I am definitely a novice! Great instructions! We want to see pics when you're done with your project!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
rosiegizmos wrote
on Jun 12, 2011 12:17 PM

Hi

Have done this as a necklace and it sits fine.  Have also done a variation on it which meant making the loops longer on one side and then longer with silver charms in the middle and it sits fine.  If you would like a copy of the pattern let me know and i'll email it to you.  Dawn

Not Ranked
Posts 1
jismet08 wrote
on Feb 24, 2013 7:19 PM

how did you attach it to the chain do you have a pattern or instructions how to do that?

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS