How to use a thread burner??

This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,307
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on Nov 4, 2013 4:50 PM

Then yes, it could be the tip. They do burn out or get damaged. I had to replace mine a couple of years ago.

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Not Ranked
Posts 21
VerdantEdge wrote
on Nov 7, 2013 10:09 AM

I've also had internal wiring or whatever go bad on a thread zapper, but have no qualms about replacing it with a new one.  I misplaced mine for a couple days earlier this week and was almost lost without it.  I tried using a lighter on one piece years ago with disastrous results and will never go back to that - too risky for me!!

Not Ranked
Posts 21
on Nov 7, 2013 2:38 PM

I have ordered a new tip.  If it is an internal wire problem I will get a new one because I too am lost without it.  I have not had it for a while a really miss the ease of it.    I have resorted to using a needle and heating up with a cigarette lighter but you have to be fast!  Smile

Om Namah Shivaya

http://laviniarosedesigns.blogspot.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,145
ForumModerator
Gyspy Mary wrote
on Nov 9, 2013 1:01 AM

I bought new batteries, and my thread zapper still didn't work. I got new Tip, still didnt work. Then DH suggested, I check how the batteries were put into the Zapper. So I got a new Thread Zapper.

That one didn't work, DH replaced the batteries, according to Instructions, WALA! They both work. So,Now I have one in my "Embroirdery sewing box" and one with my beading tools.

( just in case your wondering, "Nope! Not ever gonna live that down"LOL

Gyspy Mary

Blessed are those who can Give, without remembering

and Take with out Forgetting

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 515
tcwhit wrote
on Nov 9, 2013 5:43 AM

Mary - your post made me laugh. You can live it down. I don't know anyone that hasn't done the same thing.

Not Ranked
Posts 21
on Nov 9, 2013 2:26 PM

Made me laugh too.  Usually can't see a thing without my glasses on and have done that very same thing.  At least you have two now.

Om Namah Shivaya

http://laviniarosedesigns.blogspot.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Jan Porter wrote
on Nov 16, 2013 12:39 AM
I just broke the wire on the tip of mine and realize that's why it!s not been working well. I do micro- and regular macrame and have been in the habit of putting the cord in the slot made by the wire tip and putting pressure on it while it heats. No wonder it broke! I'll replace the tip and make sure I keep the cord on the outside of the wire and let the heat do the work. I like that it leaves a closer, cleaner cut than shears.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS