Happy Valentines Day Everybody!!!

This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Feb 14, 2011 5:17 PM

I hope everybody's having a great Valentines Day!

I had been hiding in my cocoon for quite a while - less BD time - but I've been busy beading... and stitching (counted thread embroidery) new models.

The weather had been sooooo nice in the last couple of days that lots of snow melted, which is of course a good thing. Our road on the way to MIL's house used to have walls of snow on both sides, but getting better now!!! LOL Every winter, that part always looks like a mountain of snow.

I think my in-laws suffer from a cabin fever like me that whenever the weather gets a lil better, I get a call from them (just the girls in the family) to go somewhere... antique/vintage hunting, flea markets, play domino, etc. Always work best for all of us. LOL

I can't wait for spring!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Feb 14, 2011 8:15 PM

I had a good V-day albeit without my honey...sigh.  At least he'll be home for good soon.  He sent me a lovely bouquet of roses and stargazer lilies- they smell heavenly!

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 521
on Feb 14, 2011 10:11 PM

I had a nice day even though my DH works until 7 (he's a tax man Smile )

I made heart shaped chocolate chip cookies and heart shaped pizzas for him and my kiddos because I love doing stuff like that for them.

Yesterday was our big celebration day. We, along with some other couples renewed our marriage vows. We used ring pops for the rings we put on each other's fingers. Said traditional vows but added some extras (funnies). The favors were miniature rubber duckies with hearts on them, temporary heart tattoos, and heart shaped lollipops.Afterwords there was a "potluck "reception".  It was so much fun! I'm glad we did it.

I feel mostly blessed though because my DH tells and shows me everyday how much he loves me so I don' really need a Valentine's Day to make love a point but it is kind of fun planning things :-)

http://creativeeclectica.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Feb 15, 2011 4:56 AM

That sounds like fun.  DH & I renewed our vows one year for Vday at a radio station "mass wedding".  A little silly perhaps, but it's the thought that counts right?

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Feb 15, 2011 6:22 AM

Both of your vow renewals still sound soooo romantic to me.:) How I wish me & DH can renew our vows on our 10th anniversary. LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Feb 15, 2011 6:42 AM

I know what you mean about being married to a tax guy.  My hubby didn't get home until after midnight last night(not sure exactly when since I was sound asleep).  He did call me during the day to wish me Happy Valentine's Day and this morning I found  some awesome cheesecake from a place near where he works in the fridge.  We celebrated on Sunday - his only day off.  I don't see him much between January and mid-April, but we sure enjoy our Sundays together.   In the meantime I get alot of beading done during my "alone" time!!

Hope everyone had a love-ly Valentine's Day.

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS