Beading group in Colorado Springs

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Melissa@130 wrote
on Jun 15, 2008 10:23 AM

I was wondering if anyone here knows of a beading group in Colorado Springs Colorado.  I love to bead, but sometimes it can get a little lonely.  I would love to join a group and make some friends and trade ideas.  If anyone knows of one, let me know, or if you have ideas of how to start one I would love to hear them.   

Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jun 15, 2008 6:09 PM

I was thinking the same thing for me in Indiana. Maybe a page or section of this forum could be added for this type of thing. I know that people have to be careful about what information is shared on the internet but maybe something could be done that was safe for everyone. Maybe people could post groups that they meet with or want to start etc.

If anyone knows of something in the Columbus/Greensburg Indiana area, please let me know.

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Melissa@130 wrote
on Jun 19, 2008 7:55 AM

Sheila,

I found the website we have been looking for.  It's called meetup.com.  You stick your zip code in the box, give a description of what your looking for, and it will pop up with groups around your area.  I found one thats a combination of scrappers and beaders.  I'm going to a meet up tomarrow, so wish me luck.  My husband did tell me to make sure that the meetings are in a public place, not at somebodys house.  You never know what peoples real intentions are.  Kinda stinks, but you gotta be safe.  I hope you find a group in your area! 

Melissa

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,815
ForumModerator
Sheila H wrote
on Jun 22, 2008 4:11 PM

Thank you for the information. I will go to that site when I leave this one. Your husband and you are both right, it is sad but true that we have to be so careful. Good Luck to you!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS