Let's talk mixed-media jewelry!

This post has 24 Replies | 15 Followers
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
Handcrafted wrote
on Jan 17, 2013 4:42 AM

I have been making jewellery for years and started with the buttons in my grandmothers button box. I have used many different materials, wood, ceramic and metal but now I mainly work with semi-precious beads but I do like to add freshwater pearls and crystals into the mix and if I see some handmade glass lampwork beads that take my eye they may also end up in my jewellery designs 

Handmade jewellery designs found here

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 5:12 AM

Hello little fox,

thats a really pretty necklace, i am a fan of mixed media very much too, tho i haven't done much myself yet.

Just a hint, if you publish your picture in the forums it would be better in the Readers showcase, more people are looking in that.

hope to read from you again, i like your style.

Greetings

Aunty Akoya

May the beads be with you!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
little fox wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 5:44 AM

Hi There Aunty Akoya

Thanks for replying to my post and the lovely comment. I have a few more pieces like the one in the pic, i might go and publish them in the Readers gallery ( thanks for the tip ) while i'm waiting for inspiration to hit me.

Thanks again

Little Fox

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 308
Aunty Akoya wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 6:20 AM

As you do such lovley necklaces there must be a lot of inspiration hits :).

that would be great to see more!

Cya

AuntyAkoya

May the beads be with you!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 33
Summer152 wrote
on Apr 13, 2013 2:07 AM

I like using wire, beads, stones to make bracelets. After finishing, I send them to my friends as gifts.Big Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 76
on May 26, 2013 9:28 AM

love that!!!!

I have been thinking a lot about up cycling things mixing costly and reused items to keep the cost down it is fun how creative you can get.  one of my students that sells her work at my gallery loves hitting flea markets and is now making a line out of old buckles so much fun

" the future belongs to those who belives in the beauty of their dreams"

Eleanor Roosevelt

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Not Ranked
Posts 8
knock wrote
on Jun 20, 2013 6:27 AM

I prefer the combination of leather and buttons at the moment - buttons are really my weakness.

I'm extraordinarily patient provided I get my own way in the end.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
micheljohni wrote
on Jul 9, 2013 5:14 AM

Choosing a Resin and the 5 Basic Resin Jewelry-Making Steps

There have been so many great new resin jewelry supplies and resources to come on the market later

I find myself with a renewed passion for what has always been a favorite technique

Not Ranked
Posts 3
maricaivica wrote
on Mar 21, 2014 7:55 AM

I use the natural material that i can find in nature- stone, wood, shells..

Not Ranked
Posts 10
on Apr 9, 2014 4:33 AM

I'm more interested in gemstones both faceted and beaded. I have created a three-strand bead necklace and now want to make matching earrings to complete my set. The gemstones I used were not genuine as that would be very costly. I will chare work as soon as I will finish it. Hope my mom would love to get it on Mother's Day!

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS