Christmas Tree Ornaments!

This post has 25 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Dec 6, 2010 7:32 AM

Ok, the picture isn't great. Last summer my house was broken into twice, both my laptops were stolen along with the data/charging cord for my camera (but they didn't steal my camera *nuts*) So I'm having to use my DBF's camera which I haven't got the hang of yet.

Anyway... these are a selection of ornaments I've made over the last couple of months. A couple (far left) are the pattern by Jamie Cloud Eakins... the others are my own designs as far as I know :D.

I'm going to be giving most of these away as gifts, since this is a slim year for ye old pocketbook.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on Dec 6, 2010 7:34 AM

YAY for handmade gifts! And those are gorgeous, Nicole! Can't pick a fav.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Dec 6, 2010 7:46 AM

Those are b-e-a-utiful!  My fave is the third from the left!

This is the best kind of gift- your recipients will pull them out each year to use them and will think of you :)

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 440
Ricki Ayer wrote
on Dec 6, 2010 7:55 AM

Nicole - these are really really lovely.  I know whoever receives them will love them.  I know what you mean about a slim pocketbook this year.  I have one more craft show to do this Saturday and then will go through the balance of my inventory to decide what I am giving as gifts for some of the ladies on my list or if I need to make something "new" for specific people.  I still have a few orders from fiends for  Christmas gifts, so I need to finish those as well.  Most everyone knows they will be getting jewelry from me as gifts.  My mother-in-law asked me yesterday if I could make some Christmas earrings for her to give as gifts to some of her friends and the aides at the retirement home she lives in.  Again, after Saturday I will see what I have left and if I need to make more...she wants 10 pairs of "assorted" Christmas earrings.  Not nearly as fun as your ornaments.  I especially love the blue one on the end.  Beautiful work.

Ricki

Ayer Baubles

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Dec 6, 2010 8:06 AM

Thanks! I think my favorite is actually the blue one third from the right... .I like the star insets. LOL. The two on the far right were definitely the most "involved" and took the longest amount of time to do especially since Im not a big fan of doing odd-count peyote... until... I found an article here on BD describing an alternate method of the odd-count turn which I really like!

The first one I did was the large ornament and I liked it, but I've found I like the 3" ball more than the larger 5"... I bought these ornaments after christmas like 3 years ago and I finally dug in to cover them this year. LOL. They were a little dusty, but worth the wait... I'm glad I didn't throw them away. LOL.

I have to make a couple more before the holiday, but in my ambitious mind I think I can do it. :D

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 589
AnnM@94 wrote
on Dec 6, 2010 8:32 AM

They are so nice and dangley (dont know if I spelled that right)... and I hope that bad things happen to the people who broke into your house :)

"Dream Big"

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Dec 6, 2010 9:02 AM

Nicole, those are gorgeousssssss! I love all of them... lucky recipients!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 585
Karenra wrote
on Dec 6, 2010 11:48 AM

Wow, those are gorgeous!! Have to say my favorite is the one in the middle!!

My OH has tried to talk me into making some of these for his mother.  Have it on my list to try next year, and these look so nice to make me think i can try.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Dec 6, 2010 12:37 PM

Hi Kristy!

The first two weren't that hard to do. I followed a pattern by Jamie Cloud Eakin which was in the October 2010 issue of Beadwork Mag. (correct me if I'm wrong though anyone, but I'm pretty sure it was Beadwork).

It's not at all difficult when you follow the instructions! And they're very pretty I think! Some of the nicer ornament covers I've seen over the years!

Give it a shot! I think you'll be happy!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 588
NicoleT24 wrote
on Dec 6, 2010 6:40 PM

AnnM@94:

They are so nice and dangley (dont know if I spelled that right)... and I hope that bad things happen to the people who broke into your house :)

We believe the people who broke in and took my laptops and a couple of ofter things (including my 42" LCD TV) were arrested last month. Unfortunately, they no longer had my belongings. It really made me mad, because they took stuff that was basically worthless to anyone but ME. The laptops were older but in good working condition, so no pawn shop or craigs list buyer would have given them more than $50 for 'em if that, and the TV... pfffft, they only got half of it if that makes any sense. Basically it was a model that had a removable mother board on the back which all the jacks plugged into... when they took it, that piece fell off which rendered the TV garbage. You can't replace that piece, and without out it was just a hunk of glass and plastic. It worked great for ME, it was older, but useless to anyone else. They didn't even take enough stuff to make it worth reporting to insurance.

They also took a 1/4 bottle of vodka... CHEAP vodka I use for cooking, but the morons left over $1000 worth of top shelf wine, sitting on my dining room table, packed up in NICE boxes with carry handles (if they'd taken that, I would have been able to make a claim and replaced my laptop!) I get the wine for free from my bro-in-law. Whatever. Crooks are really really stupid. They even moved all my boxes of gemstones and Swarks OFF the top of my laptop... THOSE were worth more than the darned laptops!

*sigh* Mean people suck.  I still hven't been able to replace my TV and computers. But, I have one laptop left, it kind of works... so I'm just going to count my blessings that they didn't hurt my doggy, or me, or anyone I love. Stuff can always eventually be replaced.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Dec 6, 2010 9:18 PM

Love the ornaments!

I suppose at least you had the last laugh in a way since they didn't get the things that were really worth anything, and now they're in jail (insert evil laugh).  Years ago my car got broken into and I was so mad because they broke a window to get in which I had to pay to replace.  They stole my radio which was...broken, ha ha!Devil

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,317
on Dec 6, 2010 9:52 PM

I love the purple-ish ones! And the blue one with the snowflakes (or stars?)

I think my cat would enjoy the "dangly" part too much though lol.

And criminals are dumb. We had an idiot breaking into apartments, stealing stuff (like dvds and cds) then TAKING THE STUFF BACK when he couldn't pawn it No kidding! And putting it back right where it had been. He tried to break in to my place one afternoon not counting on the fact that I was home with a cold. Stopped him before he could get all the way into the apt. The barrel of a .45 pointed about a foot from your face would stop you too! He ran off. The police caught him about 2 weeks later when he broke back into an apartment that had been vacated by the people that he stole from and got pinned down in the bathroom by the Maintenance lady with a screwdriver until the police came. Served him right.

Now back to looking at Nicole's pretties.

Christina,

Rainy Pacific Northwest, Home of The Seahawks. 

http://vintagetreasuresjewelry.blogspot.com 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 182
stitchngirl wrote
on Dec 7, 2010 11:56 AM

WOW those are beautiful - I'm just learning how to make those gems - i'm so totally addicted

Just can't seem to find enough hours in a day to do any at the moment.  Always next year in the new year to start

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
on Dec 7, 2010 7:27 PM

Those are beautieful! And now I know what to make my aunts for Christmas, thank you so much for sharing!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 203
lsmoore wrote
on Dec 7, 2010 7:36 PM

Definitely love the 2 on the far right. Awesome job girl! And even though it was a horrible experience having your home broken into, I had to laugh at your wonderfully dry descriptions! 

Have a blessed day!

Shirley

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS