Margie and Me

This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
abney_m wrote
on Dec 2, 2010 6:27 AM

This time around the Margie and Me challenge palette was an intense mix of turquoise, and pink with little hints of purple and coral. The inspiration was Islamic mosaic tile.
Here are my creations: The first is my Persian Tile Ring. I finished this version, and also created the tutorial to put in my shop.

Then I took the pattern from the Persian Ring and created a pendant by swapping up some of the colors. The result is an almost bib-style necklace.

Last but not least, I made this ring which is very 3D and has a really high profile. It's different than what I normally do, but I enjoyed creating it.

Alright, ladies, your turn! Where are your Margie and Me's?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Dec 2, 2010 6:35 AM

Sweet!  I love the necklace especially.  I keep meaning to tell you that I just love your sweater too.

Pam

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Lody wrote
on Dec 2, 2010 6:57 AM

Oh so pretty set! I love the colors Margie!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 272
abney_m wrote
on Dec 2, 2010 11:29 AM

Thanks guys! You should check out my blog and see the entries from some of the other artists!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 51
andree5 wrote
on Dec 2, 2010 12:44 PM

when I saw your work I always love all the colors, I understood when I saw the book from Margie your mentor .......what a good way of insperation and you know how to use in your work all these colors.....bravo

Mamaheca,France

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,750
Kokopelli wrote
on Dec 3, 2010 3:03 AM

Here is my piece for this round of Margie and Me: the "City of Marrakech" cuff. I not only tried to incorporate most of the colors in the palette, but also tried to capture a chracteristic shape that can be found in Islamic architecture, for example in windows and towers. When I started working on this piece this seemed to become a design catastrophy. The colors didn't match, I couldn't find the right cabs to work with and of course not the right seedbeads. But when I added the edging and the clasp I knew that I like this. Big Smile I'm very happy with the outcome!

Thanks to Marcie for pushing our creativity and working with color schemes we wouldn't have chosen ourselves!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 411
Memoosim wrote
on Dec 3, 2010 7:32 AM

These are all beautiful!  I love watching what you guys come up with the different color's. 

Cherie

Dance.  Even if you're the only one who hears the music. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 798
brightcircle wrote
on Dec 4, 2010 1:05 PM

Marcie, I love your pieces! I just may have to get that first ring tutorial, it's so pretty and so versatile.

I got real enthusiastic and made three entries for the challenge: a bracelet and two necklaces.

Read more about my challenge pieces in the latest post on my blog, The Beaded Passion.

Handmade jewelry, beaded beads and more available at my NEW location, bonanza.com/booths/BrightCircle

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 672
beadorigami wrote
on Dec 8, 2010 12:15 PM

I'm a little late to this post, but I've really enjoyed seeing what everyone has come up with for this color challenge. Here's my contribution:

You can read more about the ideas and inspirations behind this piece on my blog

Cindy ~ Bead Origami

Website ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Etsy

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS