Win a $75 gift certificate to The BeadChest...

This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 41
ArdentTie wrote
on Nov 19, 2010 5:22 PM

Each week I host a giveaway on Thursday of beads or jewelry-making paraphernalia.  This week, one lucky winner will take home a $75 gift certificate courtesy of The BeadChest! Their tag-line is, "African bead superstore and more." When they say that, they're not kidding! The BeadChest is filled with a wide array of African beads from all over the continent. Whether you're looking for recycled glass beads from Ghanametal beads from Ethiopiaclay beads from Mali, or bone beads from Kenya– they've got it! Navigating their website is like getting a tour of continent through its beads. Some of the beads are over a hundred years old and have been made in the same way for generations. Looking at the beads, an intrinsic part of everyday society and culture, you get a real feel for the people who make these adornments and the people who worn them for centuries. The beads are touchstones to rich traditions and bring so much to the pieces that they're incorporated in. I love how something with such deep roots can be transformed into fashionable, contemporary jewelry. The BeadChest also carries a variety of trade beadsCzech glass andAfghani jewelryLots to chose from, for sure!

While you peruse the selection of beads at The BeadChest, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Guide to African Beads and their blog. Both are filled with useful information about where the beads come from, what they're made of, who made them and what the differences are between each kind. I found the blog entries "Why are trade beads dirty?" and "What tribes are most known for their African Beads?" particularly interesting and I definitely feel more knowledgeable about the subjects after reading them.
Imagine what you could do with $75 worth of FREE beads! You could pick up some brightly patterned glass beads from the Krobo tribe,Maasai seed beads, or mock coral beads from the Yoruba tribe! $75 dollars goes a long way; most of the beads featured on the website are extremely affordable and are great deals!
To find out how you can win, stop by my blog:

http://andrew-thornton.blogspot.com/2010/11/thursday-giveaway_18.html

Thanks a million and good luck!

Simplicity Always,
Andrew

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS