Christmas Earrings with patterns included. UPDATED WITH MORE

This post has 19 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Nov 15, 2010 5:06 PM

Mr and Mrs. Claus

Mrs. Claus- On a headpin stack a jet bicone (the semi flattened ones) 10mm, 8mm, 6mm marguerite crystal, 3 ring station,  daisy spacer, 6mm rose round crystal, Scalloped beadcap, 4mm bicone crystal, 2.5mm faux pearl or a seed bead works. Thread two headpins a 2.5mm faux pearl and a 4mm bicone and attached to each side of the three ring station. ( I used wire and made my own headpins to make them look more like hands)

Mr. Claus- Jet bicone flattened sides, 4mm cube, 8mm round, 3 ring station, daisy spacer, 6mm round rose crystal, 5-6 mm spacer for hat fur (you can use whatever works) 4mm crystal, 2.5 mm faux pearl.

I learned this pattern from my LBS so I do not take credit (mostly) for them. They sell these in kits and I just looked at them and bought the materials myself since the kits are 5 times higher than what they cost. If I knew exactly who designed these I would credit that person, but who knows, someone at my beadstore could have gotten it from somewhere else.

I changed a couple things with mine but originally Mrs. Claus had the same spacer (near the hat) as Mr. Claus. I like the scalloped beadcap better as it appears more like her hair. I also used daisy spacers on these- they used a larger type spacer of some kind.

Snowmen ( I'm sure most of you know these already)

8mm Pearl, 5mm Swarovski rondelle, 6mm pearl, 8mm sequin, 4mm cube. I also use beadcaps instead of the crystal rondelle. I have some that look like a swirled ribbon so on a snow man they look like a wrapped scarf. I have to take pics of those since those are older ones I made. I'll add them later tonight.

Stacked gifts

8mm cube, 6mm cube, 4mm cube, Tierra Cast Bow. I think they also have butterfly wings that work too. You can also use your own thread/ ribbon to make a bow. I used swarovskis which make these a bit expensive to make but I have seen plenty other cube beads out there that will work.

Here are the other Angels and the Nutcracker Earrings.

Swarovski Teardrop vertically drilled, angel wing, 6mm swarovski round, 5mm swarovski rondelle.

Nutcracker soldier- flattened sides jet bicone, 2- 4mm white crystal cubes, 6mm crystal cube, daisy spacer, 4mm round pearl, 5mm swarovski rondelle, 6mm round crystal.

Variations on snowmen- this one with two different beadcaps, one for around the neck and one for the hat.

With a ribbon style beadcap for a scarf.

These last ones were made a long time ago and you can see how TERRIBLE my wrapped loops were! Haha!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,877
MelindaB@14 wrote
on Nov 15, 2010 5:35 PM

Those are all super cute... Thank You for sharing with us!

MelindaB ~ Juneau, Alaska USA

When you dream ... what are you wearing?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about Learning to Dance in the rain!

Authors UNKNOWNEmbarrassed

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 79
Beadbug333 wrote
on Nov 15, 2010 6:22 PM

Very cute. I love the Mr. and Mrs Claus!!

Thanks Tracy

In The Weeds With Beads

"Bitten by the Beadbug"

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 1,328
13tamara wrote
on Nov 15, 2010 8:15 PM

oh the claus' are too flippin' cute Cat....and I love the presents....

I made snowmen for my nieces but never thought of using sequins....too cool

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 119
lilydee wrote
on Nov 15, 2010 10:52 PM

how pretty are those? reminds me that Christmas is just around the corner !

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,742
Kokopelli wrote
on Nov 16, 2010 2:55 AM

I laughed so hard, when I swa Mr and Mrs Claus on FB! And the other earrings are great, too!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,624
Cat_P wrote
on Nov 16, 2010 8:34 PM

Thanks everyone!

Feel free to make your own and post them here too!

Cat     Blog  Artfire  Etsy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,471
ForumModerator
JSmaz wrote
on Nov 16, 2010 9:21 PM

Those are cute Cat.  Love Mr & Mrs Claus. :)

Jeni

Oklahoma City

ArtFire Studio & blog  |  Gallery 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 908
on Nov 16, 2010 9:41 PM

You are wonderful and your designs 'Precious'!!

Not Ranked
Posts 12
maureench wrote
on Nov 17, 2010 4:02 AM

Cuuuteee!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,191
Pam I am wrote
on Nov 17, 2010 8:28 AM

Guaranteed to bring a smile Cat!  These are precious!!!  I don't know if Billy has seen them yet but I'm sure he'll love them.

Pam

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 583
Karenra wrote
on Nov 17, 2010 4:03 PM

These are all super pretty!!! Love the Claus's!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 220
on Nov 17, 2010 6:20 PM

Ohhhh they're just adorable!  Luvin the stack of gifts... so cute!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 149
alrogers wrote
on Nov 17, 2010 8:16 PM

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Annie

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 2,260
Billy Z wrote
on Nov 18, 2010 11:54 AM

Don't know how, but I missed this. Very cool. Thanks Cat!

Billy ;o)

I yam wut I yam and dats all wut I yam. ~Popeye~

Dragonfly Jewelry Designs - ArtFire Artisan Studio

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS