Pictures of back-issue project, please!

This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
SarahM@97 wrote
on Nov 12, 2010 2:48 PM

This is really a suggestion for the editors of the Interweave store, but I'm hoping that by posting it here it will get passed on.

I would be a lot more inclined to purchase back issues of Beadwork Magazine (or other publications) if I could see pictures of the projects included in an issue.  Currently, all you get is the magazine cover and a list of projects.  Honestly, the list isn't very helpful - even with the description. 

I like to flip through an issue of Beadwork before I buy it, to see if the current projects interest/inspire me.  Getting to see the finished projects and thinking, "Wow, that's gorgeous!" is what makes me buy the issue.   I would imagine that other readers do the same, since beaders are usually pretty visual people.  :)  If I'm going to want to look at the contents before I pay $5.99 at the bookstore, why would I pay $9.99 for a back issue without being able to do the same?

Thanks!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 203
lsmoore wrote
on Nov 21, 2010 5:30 AM

Hey Sarah,

I was just looking for a project that another member said was from a back issue of Beadwork. I went to the Interweave site, and pulled up back issues of Beadwork. If you click on that particular issue, and it opens to another window, it gave a 2 page listing of the table of contents. I counted 12 projects for that particular magazine, and there were 12 pics on the two pages. When I blew it up to fullscreen, I could read descriptions and match to the pics shown.  

Hope that helps!

Shirley

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS