Peyote cuff, "La vie en rose" by Pat de Verre

This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Pat de verre wrote
on May 31, 2008 12:26 AM

A cuff I made some weeks ago for a challenge. A tribute to Edith Piaf the legendory french singer and Marion Cotillard who won the 2008 Academy Award for best actress.

Pat de Verre

My blog:       http://patdeverre.canalblog.com/

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 62
on May 31, 2008 8:31 AM

WOW!!!  I love the use of the heart buttons as the closure.  I've not actually attempted seed bead stitching yet...I don't know if I have th patience or not but I do love the look of it.  This is terrific!

"Whether you think you can, or think you can't, either way-you are right."  --Henry Ford

www.SquareEffects.com
www.SquareEffects.etsy.com
www.Cafepress.com/SquareEffects

www.icraft.ca/squareeffects

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 113
Radiance@3 wrote
on May 31, 2008 9:14 AM
Square, don't let seed beads intimidate you! I resisted them, too -- I used to joke that they call it peyote because you have to be smoking something to have the patience for it. (I'm such a card.) But stringing became unsatisfying to me, so one day I sat down with a diagram to teach myself peyote stitch. I had to use some giant 6-0 beads so I could see what was happening -- but when I reached that AHA! moment when the secret of those first three rows finally reveals itself, I felt like Indiana Jones snatching the golden idol from the altar! =D Now I do almost nothing but seed bead off-loom stitching, and I just love it. Be not afraid! :-)
Carol
Not Ranked
Posts 12
JuneJ3 wrote
on Jun 3, 2008 7:41 AM

THIS LOOKS WONDERFUL. i LOVE PEYOTE IT IS WELL WORTH ALL THE TIME AND EFFORT IT TAKES IF THIS IS THE RESULT. THANKS FOR SHARING THIS WITH US .

WILL YOU PUBLISH THIS DESIGN SO WE COULD TRY IT OURSELVES?

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Pat de verre wrote
on Jun 4, 2008 8:37 AM

you can find my original pattern here. Enjoy and let me a message in "commentaire" and if you use it, don't forget to send me a pic of your work. Thank you

Pat

Pat de Verre

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 27
SandFibers wrote
on Jun 11, 2008 4:03 PM

Pat!

What a lovely cuff. You are incredibly generous to share the pattern like that.

Carol Dean

Not Ranked
Posts 12
AlenaH@2 wrote
on Jun 12, 2008 11:48 PM

Wonderful work!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 34
Pam wrote
on Jun 13, 2008 9:05 PM

Congratulations on such a lovely piece. Thankyou for sharing. Peyote is on my list of techniques to try...have just recently had that aha moment with right angle weave it's a good feeling. I have downloaded the current instructions for peyote ropeIdea and will work on that soon.

Just let me be...ad  happy.

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Melissa@130 wrote
on Jun 17, 2008 6:43 AM

This is a beautifal piece!  I really like the overlapping hearts.  Do you have a tip on drawing designs on the peyote graph paper?  Mine always tend to look really geometric.  Is there a sneaky way to achieve more fluid designs?  Thank you also for posting the pattern.  I'm excited to give it a try!

Thanks again,

Melissa

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Pat de verre wrote
on Jun 17, 2008 11:13 PM

Thank you Melissa. No I haven't any tip to give you. I use the free software by "easy bead patterns" to draw my patterns . It is easy to use and you see the result.

If you make this cuff with my pattern, please contact me and send me a pic for my personal album.

Wish you a lot of fun

Pat

Pat de Verre

Not Ranked
Posts 8
on Jun 29, 2008 11:23 AM

Hi, all I can honestly say is that that is truly beautiful! Well done, its amazing!

Kelly x

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS