St Petersburg chain

This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 34
Pam wrote
on May 29, 2008 6:49 PM

Can anyone point me in the direction for instructions to this weave please.

Regards Pam

Just let me be...ad  happy.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,290
ForumModerator
SCB1 wrote
on May 29, 2008 7:24 PM

Hi Pam,

I used the direcrions I found in a back issue of Bead and Button magazine. The issue was Apr. 2007. It was a little confusing at first but I just kept trying till I got it. I am a self taught beader  so I just have to keep trying till I get it. Some times I wake up in the middle of the night and say to myself "oh!! that is what they ment".LOL

Hope this helps.

Sue

Happy Beading!!

Sue,

Small-town USA. 

Michigan.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 34
Pam wrote
on May 29, 2008 9:37 PM

Wow Sue that was quick ....thankyou.. at the next meeting of my local Bead Society I will check through the library of the back issues and hopefully they will have it.

I'm pretty well self taught too until I found out about the Bead society. We have a great time once a month...I didnt know there were so many beaders....all of my close friends are quilters so now I have a place to go where they understand that glazed beady look

Greatly appreciate your response

warmest regards Pam

Not Ranked
Posts 17
LC7196 wrote
on May 30, 2008 3:01 PM

Hi - Just in case you can't get a hold of the back issue of that magazine - here's a link to a free on line tutorial and directions.  http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8782/beads/beadpatt/pattern07_e.htm

Lidia

So many beads - so little time 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,745
Kokopelli wrote
on Sep 1, 2008 1:28 AM

Here's another one for free, including variations of the stitch.

http://www.gillianlamb.co.uk/assets/applets/SPChainJnew.pdf

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 34
Pam wrote
on Sep 1, 2008 11:12 PM

Thankyou for posting this site.Big Smile I was lucky enough to find the B&B magazine at my Bead Society meeting....but you cant have too many patterns and variations can you ?Yes

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 3,745
Kokopelli wrote
on Sep 2, 2008 5:28 AM

Hi Pam,

I was a little bit late in reading this post, but I got attracted by the St. Petersburg necklace shown in the Reader Showcase and wanted to know how this stitch is done. So I googled it and found the pdf. I love pdfs as you don't have to print them at once but can save them on your pc until you really need them (if you find them amongst all the other inspirations, patterns, ideas, instructions....Wink).

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 34
Pam wrote
on Sep 2, 2008 9:20 PM

Smile I have quite a collection of pdf's saved myself and yes trying to find that particular pattern can be an interesting hunt. I tend to get sidetracked...but at least pdfs dont clutter the bookcase, table and floor....well not 'til they get printed anyway Wink

wrote
on Sep 2, 2008 11:12 PM

I've had to set up various folders so I can keep separate all the patterns & inspiration pics I've downloaded, but you're right-much less clutter than printing them all.  When I go looking for something I usually end up with way more inspiration than I intended.Big Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 55
Mortira wrote
on Dec 17, 2008 1:09 PM

For good measure, here's one more tutorial for you: St. Petersburg Chain Big Smile

And a variation with a pattern: Winter Necklace

-Morti

Inspirational Beading - tutorials, bead spotlights and plenty of inspiration!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 34
Pam wrote
on Dec 19, 2008 8:59 PM

Thankyou for the tutorial link. It is such a pretty stitch and it's always nice to have variations.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
TinaJ@15 wrote
on Dec 29, 2008 2:14 PM

Get the latest issue of bead and Button. There is a necklace on the cover of it.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
thomt wrote
on Dec 22, 2010 8:37 AM

The article in Bead and Button is really nice! I think it will answer any questions about the St Petersburg chain! I followed the instructions there and was successful the first try, and I'm a novice!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS