Calling all beaders! We want YOU to help us celebrate our fifteenth anniversary. Here’s how: In each of our upcoming 2012 issues—February/March, April/May, June/July, August/September, and October/November—we will publish a beaded bead project. Follow along with us and make your own version(s) of each of the five beaded beads. At the end of October, share a piece of jewelry you made that incorporates at least one of each of the five anniversary beaded beads. The winning jewelry project, which will be chosen by Beading Daily members, will be showcased in the February/March 2013 issue of Beadwork magazine.
All designs must be new, original, and not available for sale and must not have won any previous contests. Entrants must create and complete the finished design on their own, without outside assistance. The contest is open to adults over the age of 18 on the day they submit their entry. Entrants must be registered members of the Beading Daily community. Employees, vendors, agents of Interweave Press, and Beadwork and Beading Daily sponsors and related companies and their immediate families are not eligible.
How to Enter: To enter, simply make a piece of jewelry (bracelet, necklace, or pair of earrings) using one or more of each of the five anniversary beaded beads published in Beadwork magazine. Your beads must be based on the instructions provided in Beadwork; however, we welcome your artistic interpretations and embellishments. Upload a high-quality (300 dpi, clear and in-focus) JPEG (about 1MB) photo of your jewelry here between October 22, 2012 (starting at 9:00 a.m. MDT) and October 26, 2012 (ending at 4:00 p.m. MDT). For tips on photographing your work, visit 3 Steps to Better Beadwork Photos.
Voting: Voting will take place between October 26, 2012 (starting at 5:00 p.m. MDT) and November 5, 2012 (ending at 9:00 a.m. MDT). Voters must be members of Beading Daily. Voters can vote for as many entries as they like, but they can only vote for each entry once.
Winner Selection: The winning piece of jewelry will be the one that has garnered the most votes on Beading Daily while conforming to all rules. Other subsidiary winners may be selected at the Editor’s discretion. Winners will be notified via email on November 5, 2012. Winning projects must be mailed to Beadwork and arrive no later than November 12, 2012. They will be returned after being professionally photographed for the magazine.
Beadwork Beaded Bead Contest
201 E. Fourth St.
Loveland, CO 80537
- One entry per person.
- Submissions must be jewelry items: necklaces, bracelets, or earrings.
- In order to enter, you must be a registered member of the Beading Daily community.
- All submissions must include at least one of each of the five anniversary beaded beads presented in Beadwork magazine, so at least 5 beaded beads total.
- All beaded beads must be obviously based on the five anniversary beaded beads presented in Beadwork magazine; however, we welcome your artistic interpretations and embellishments.
- Winners will be chosen by the members of Beading Daily; however the editors of Beadwork will monitor all entries to determine if they comply with all rules. All decisions of the editors shall be made at their sole and absolute discretion and will be final.
- Members of the Beading Daily community can vote for as many entries as they like, but they can only vote for each entry once.
- By entering, entrant is assuring Interweave Press that entrant possesses the right to submit all entry materials for use by Interweave Press as described in these contest rules without the consent or approval of any third party, and Interweave Press is entitled to rely on entrant’s right to do so.
- By entering the Beaded Bead contest, each entrant is granting to Interweave Press the perpetual, exclusive, and royalty-free right to: (a) use the photograph(s) and other entry materials submitted by the entrant without photo credit(s) for the photographer(s) who took the photograph(s), (b) photograph and reproduce the entry in the various print and electronic publications of Interweave Press and the advertising, publicity, promotional and marketing materials of Interweave Press in any and all media, and (c) use the name, image, likeness, and biographical data of the finalists and winners in connection with all of the foregoing uses.
- The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.