A few months ago we did a meet-the-editors series of posts, in which you got to know me (10 Things You Didn't Know About: Chloe Chatenever), managing editor Debbie Blair (10 Things You Didn't Know About: Debbie Blair), and our Editorial Director, Danielle Fox (10 Things You Didn't Know About: Danielle Fox) a little better. Since then, we have added a new member to the Jewelry Stringing team: Kate Wilson came on board as our full-time project editor in May and we are oh so happy to have her! Without further ado, here a few fun facts to officially introduce you to Kate...
1. Starbursts are her favorite candy (especially the red, pink, and orange ones!).
2. She has a 15 year-old-cat named Prissy. Known for her...unusual eating habits, Prissy was recently discovered pilfering homemade lemon bundt cake off of the kitchen counter.
3. One year for Halloween, Kate and her husband dressed up as Wesley and Buttercup from The Princess Bride.
4. While she is pretty excited about receiving an e-reader for her birthday this year, Kate says one of the best gifts she's been given was the original Nintendo video game console she and her brother got for Christmas as children.
5. She learned about the value of hands-on learning during her internship at The Knot last summer.
6. If she could live anywhere in the world she would pick Charlotte, NC, which she fell in love with when she passed through on a family trip years ago.
7. She grew up in Illinois, but always wished she had a southern accent.
8. You may recognize Kate's name from the blog posts she has already written for Beading Daily. Check out one of her latest posts here!
9. One of her favorite pieces of jewelry is a flower necklace that her fisherman husband made for her out of fly tying materials and a barbless fishing hook.
10. She always has at least a few exciting projects going at once; most recently, she has been working on a necklace that was inspired by the piece on the cover of the upcoming issue of Handcrafted Jewelry magazine (available on newsstands September 25th!).
Look for more of Kate's fabulous blog posts in the coming weeks!