Handmade Earring Cards

Apr 15, 2012

Recently I showed a number of creative ways to display your earring collection. For those of you who make earrings to sell, how do you present them?

I adore this idea from Erin Prais-Hintz, featured on the Earrings Everyday blog. She starts with a business card and cleverly folds it in just the right spot to make it stand up! Find the how-to here.

This fabulous post over on Helen's Adornments Blog shows how to make your own cards using inexpensive tags from the office supply store and coffee! Check out the tutorial here.

Finally, these punch tools from Pack a Smile can be used to make post or lever-back earring cards from card stock or business cards. Learn more here.

I'd love to hear your tips for creating clever earring cards to showcase your marvelous earring designs!

Happy crafting!

Debbie Blair

Managing editor

Comments

ScottishSue wrote
on Apr 16, 2012 1:56 PM

Why is it that when I click on your blog from the main Beading Daily page, your writing and pictures, flash a normal width for a second and then only appear at the right had side -- I can only see part of the writing and part of of the pictures????

When I click on Vanbeads blog, everything is normal.

ScottishSue

Debbie.Blair wrote
on Apr 18, 2012 10:37 AM

Hi ScottishSue,

I checked with our web staff, and they suggested that you clear your cache log out of your browser and then try going to the page again.

Let us know if that works!

Debbie

veganchik wrote
on Apr 21, 2012 9:17 AM

I use the unbleached paperboard dividers found in 12-pack beer boxes; and recently used the light corrugated dividers from a case of wine to show earring and necklace sets.  I cut it to the shape I want; poke holes where needed and use wire to secure the pieces.  Then I use a black marker to describe it; price it; and write 'please recycle' on the back.

DeannaLack wrote
on Apr 21, 2012 11:36 AM

I had a heck of a time figuring out how to display my ear cuffs, till I found these stick-on adapters at Rio Grande:  www.riogrande.com/.../40553837

Now I have an ear design that I print on a business card with my business info, cut a couple of strategic slits where a cuff would go, stick the hanger on the back, and voila!  Ear cuff display card.  Here's an example, although it doesn't show the whole card:  youvegotmaille.deviantart.com/gallery

Liz Wallis wrote
on Apr 22, 2012 7:24 AM

Thank you for sharing these ideas..... LOVE them!

on May 21, 2012 9:18 AM

Hello Miss Debbie! Thank you for the nice shout out about my earring card tutorial. I somehow missed it until it was pointed out to me by someone. I am honored that you like my little tutorial. I also wrote one a few years ago that is published on Rena Klingenberg's blog about jewelry display ideas that uses a postcard cut into quarters with a plastic adhesive backed hanger that you can do for very little money. www.jewelry-display-ideas.com/professionally-printed-earring-cards-for-almost-free.html

We hope you will continue to follow us on Earrings Everyday for more smart display ideas and beautiful ear candy!

Enjoy the day!

Erin

on Sep 7, 2012 5:32 PM

Thanks for your idea!   I looked online at Michaels and they only have a demo of the punch.  Did you buy it recently in a Michaels store.

Thanks