To celebrate the publication of the new book Ancient Modern by Ronna Sarvas Weltman, we are hosting a design challenge. Be sure to check out our contests page for lots of other opportunities to win!
To enter, design one original polymer clay bead (any size, shape, or color) using any technique and send us a photo.
• Entries are due June 5, 2009 by midnight Mountain Time.
• You must be a member of Beading Daily to participate. (It's free to sign up.)
• Entry is by email only. Do not send us your finished bead.
• One entry per person.
• No purchase required.
Judging and Prizes
Names and identifying details of the submissions will be removed prior to judging. Author/designer Ronna Sarvas Weltman and Jewelry Artist editor-in-chief Merle White will choose two winning pieces. The two winners will be featured on Beading Daily (circulation: 90,000) in late June and each will receive a handcrafted set of polymer clay beads made by Ronna Sarvas Weltman herself. Bead sizes range from 20-40mm.
In your email entry, please include:
• Email address
• Alternate email or phone number (only to be used if you win and your primary email address does not work)
• Name of your bead
• A brief description of your bead. This could include a description of the techniques you used, your inspiration for its name/design, or anything else that you'd like to share about the bead. Please keep this statement to no more than one paragraph.
• A maximum of 2 high-quality JPG images. Your photo should be of the bead itself and not part of a finished project. Please do not include any identifying personal details (such as a company logo) on your photos. If you need photography advice, check out these free articles: 3 Steps to Better Beadwork Photos, Jazzing Up Your Beadwork Photos, and Photograph Your Jewelry with a Do-It-Yourself Light Box.
• Use the subject line: "Ancient Modern Challenge" and email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners will be chosen by the editor of Jewelry Artist and the author of Ancient Modern; their decisions shall be made at their sole and absolute discretion and will be final.
By entering, entrant is assuring Interweave Press that entrant possesses the right to submit all entry materials for use by Interweave Press as described in these contest rules without the consent or approval of any third party, and Interweave Press is entitled to rely on entrant’s right to do so.
By entering the Ancient Modern Polymer Clay Design Challenge, each entrant is granting to Interweave Press the perpetual, exclusive, and royalty-free right to: (a) use the photograph(s) and other entry materials submitted by the entrant without photo credit(s) for the photographer(s) who took the photograph(s), (b) photograph and reproduce the entry in the various print and electronic publications of Interweave Press and the advertising, publicity, promotional and marketing materials of Interweave Press in any and all media, and (c) use the name, image, likeness, and biographical data of the finalists and winners in connection with all of the foregoing uses.
The entrant guarantees the work is original and that he/she is the sole creator of the work.
The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.