Hot New Glass Beads For Your Summer Beading Projects

Jun 30, 2014

Need some new inspiration for your summer beading projects? There are some great new Czech glass beads finding their way into local bead shops! I picked three of my favorites from York Beads  in New York City to share here on the Beading Daily blog -- maybe you'll find a way to incorporate some of the into your next beaded jewelry making project.

Round glass druk beads are a staple in my beading collection, and I love these new 6mm melon beads from York Beads. With just a little bit of texture from the pressed glass detailing, or from the fancy frosted finish, these glass beads look like they'd add a lot of fun to any piece of beaded jewelry.
I've always loved the pressed glass flower cups, and now they come in my favorite antique metallic silver finish! Can you hear me swooning over these? They coordinate wonderfully with the Czech glass spikes, leaves, and mushroom button beads to add a soft touch to your beaded jewelry projects.
Last but not least, I love the look of bead-weaving with farfalle beads, and now they come in a rainbow of lovely etched colors! Some of the softer colors of these new glass beads look as though they're glowing from within -- perfect for your romantic, elegant beaded bracelets and necklaces.

Czech pressed glass beads are so useful and versatile in creating outstanding designs, no doubt you'll agree when you look at the Indian Summer Bracelet Kit, the cover project from the August/September 2014 issue of Beadwork magazine. Using 6mm round glass beads and two colors of 2-hole seed beads, this beaded bracelet design would look lovely on any wrist. When you pre-order your bracelet kit now, you can also get the Beadwork Magazine Project Workshop video for this kit for FREE when you add both to your shopping cart! Get your Indian Summer Bracelet Kit and the instructional Beadwork Magazine Project Workshop video now, and enjoy these lazy summer days by stitching with your glass beads.

Do you have a new favorite glass bead? What are your predictions for the next hot glass bead trend? Leave a comment here on the Beading Daily blog and share your thoughts with us!

Bead Happy,

Jennifer

Comments

CindyT@29 wrote
on Jun 30, 2014 9:25 AM

I love the Indian Summer bracelet. Why is the designer not mentioned in your advertising for selling her pattern.. kits.. video.  I think she is mentioned one time in the kit section. Hope she is getting royalty on it!

on Jun 30, 2014 9:30 PM

I too am very disappointed that the above article doesn't give the artist any credit here.  This article makes it appear that the design is Melinda Barta's design. .If the magazine does not take  copy write seriously then you cannot expect others to do so. The artist has put forth a lot of work making kits and writing an article for the magazine, she deserves more credit.

on Jun 30, 2014 9:52 PM

I too am very disappointed the above advertisement does not provide the name of the artist who wrote this pattern.  This advertisement makes it look like Melinda Barta is the author. If your magazine does not take copy write serious how can you expect others to do the same. The artist has taken great care to write the pattern and provide hundreds of kits for the magazine to sell.

on Jun 30, 2014 9:52 PM

on Jun 30, 2014 9:53 PM

on Jul 1, 2014 7:16 PM

The Indian Summer bracelet is beautiful and I'll be making it, but the omission of credit to the designer sure does not put BW in the best light, imho.  If this design was from a big name artist, I'm sure his or her name would be posted with any kit, pattern, video, and picture.  BW may have purchased all rights to the design or pay her royalties such that BW can do what they wanted with the design, but why omit the name of the very talented designer?

on Jul 15, 2014 7:26 PM

I am looking all over for the designer of the lovely bracelets.  ??? I see you can buy the kit, etc. but I think the artist should be mentioned in the article without us having to go search for it.  Probably just a glitch, but what a bummer for the artist! Beadwork, be more careful! You have amazing fans, and we notice things like this!