don't have to match a bracelet or a necklace. In fact, when I wear earrings I prefer them to be statements all by themselves. Beaded earrings are like little miniature works of beadwoven art. And once you get started, they really are addicting - make one pair and you won't be able to stop!
For someone just learning how to bead, beaded earrings are perfect for getting started with all the classic bead-weaving stitches. Beaded earrings don't require a lot of time or materials to make, and they are perfect for learning new
jewelry-making and beading techniques.
Because we love beaded earrings, we picked out six of our favorite beaded earring making projects to share in our free earring making eBook!
- Herringbone stitch can make an easy, secure bezel for hanging on to a pair of vintage crystal stones in the Captured Crystal Cubes earrings. All it takes is a couple of grams of seed beads and your favorite pair of ear wires to make a pairof sparkling beaded earrings in just a couple of hours!
- For some retro glam in your collection of beaded earrings, try the Vintage Pearl Earrings from our earring making makeover: these are just as beautiful as the originals, but made with crystal pearls.
- Maybe you only have a pair of big crystal beads in your beading stash, but still want to make a great pair of beaded earrings. If you have a little bit of wire handy, you can make the Wire Wrapped Crystal Earrings in just a couple of hours.This easy, beginner-friendly wire earring project is perfect for someone just learning how to make jewelry with wire.
- I love the organic look of Melody MacDuffee's Umber Pheasant Feather Earrings. You can totally change the look and feel of these trendy beaded earrings by using crystal beads, glass beads, or even small freshwater pearls as your accent beads.
- Kelli Burns' Hydrangea Earrings are a breath of fresh air, with their delicate colors and ethereal stitching. Keep a few pairs handy during long winters as a reminder that spring is right around the corner.
- Michelle Mach's Crystal Corona Earrings are so much fun, and so easy to make! The perfect project for beginning beaders or someone just learning how to bead, they're great for your first beaded earring project. For a softer feel, try making them with round glass druks instead of crystal bicones, and choose seed beads that contrast with the glass beads.
And if you're looking for some easy inspiration or a starting point for designing your own beaded earrings, take a look at our Four Fun Ideas for Earring Making blog - you won't believe how easy it is to get started designing your own beaded earrings!
Download your copy of How to Make Earrings: Designs and Instructions for Handmade Beaded Earrings and see just how much fun it is to make your own beaded earring designs.
Filed under: Pearls, Crystals, Beaded Beads, Bead Making, Glass Beads, Wire Jewelry, Herringbone Stitch, Wire Wrapping, How To Bead, Seed Bead Patterns, Earring Making, Beaded Jewelry Design, Beads, Jewelry Making, Beading Daily