Are You a Bead Star?

Feb 20, 2013

Have you ever thought about entering a jewelry-making competition? Whether your new to jewelry-making, or you've been creating your own beaded jewelry designs for several years, taking that leap and entering your work in a competition can be a fulfilling and eye-opening experience. Entering a jewelry-making competition is really a chance to let your creative voice sing. Don't hold back when designing for a jewelry-making contest -- you want to show the world what you can do with those beads!

If you're thinking that this is the year for you to take the leap and enter your original beaded jewelry designs in a jewelry-making competition, you'll be thrilled to hear that Bead Star is back!

Sharpen and straighten those beading needles, because entries are now being accepted for the 2013 Bead Star competition, and if you're a designer of beaded jewelry, take note: this year, entries made with seed beads and bead-weaving techniques are not only being accepted in all of the categories, they are being encouraged!

What are your favorite jewelry-making materials? Chances are, you'll find a category for them in the 2013 Bead Star competition. Entries will be accepted in the categories of Crystals, Glass, Pearls, Gemstones, and Metals & Wireworking. Imagine all the possibilities for fabulous jewelry-making designs when you mix those with your favorite seed beads!

Aside from the self-satisfaction you'll get from knowing that your work is good enough to enter in a beading contest, you just might win one of the fabulous prizes in the Bead Star competition: the grand prize is an all-expense paid trip to Bead Fest Philadelphia!

Don't worry if you've never been published in a magazine or book before -- there's even an Emerging Artists category, just for bead artists like you! And all the winners of the 2013 Bead Star competition will be published in both Beadwork and Jewelry Stringing magazines.

If you've entered Bead Star before, a few changes have been made to the competition for 2013, so make sure you check out the full list of Bead Star rules and prizes.

So, what do you think: are you the next Bead Star?

Bead Happy,

Jennifer

Comments

Nemeton wrote
on Feb 20, 2013 5:11 PM

Have I read the rules right - Has Bead Star finally gone international? Because if so, I'm very excited! I know that as a UK resident I wasn't eligible to enter previous Bead Star contests and I would love to have a go this time... I can't find any nationality restrictions in the rules, just that you have to be over 18. Please tell me this isn't just wishful thinking on my part!

nixonparker wrote
on Feb 21, 2013 12:30 AM

Beading jewelry is becoming popular. Jewelry making completion will give you an idea about the new trend and new designs. Bead Star is a nice magazine for having information about the completion of jewelry.

gepe53 wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 4:00 AM

The necklace you have shown on the left hand side has seeds which the native American indians from the Southwest use in many of their jewelry pieces.I live in Arizona and my Mother and I use to make Indian jewelry (mainly necklaces) from these seeds(sorry,I can't remember the name) we would sell them to tourist who came by the small town we lived in then.My Mom was really good at doing bead work,she had a knack with what colors and styles looked good together.Two yrs ago she passed away......so for now I've lost my interest in beading.I do have many good memories of us making jewelry.

on Feb 23, 2013 11:52 AM

I'm shocked and disappointed that Bead Star has eliminated any way for polymer clay artists to be included! It was bad enough that polymer was formerly included in the "Plastics" category but now we are not to be included at all! A bad decision all around.

on Feb 23, 2013 11:52 AM

on Feb 23, 2013 11:54 AM

on Feb 23, 2013 11:54 AM

on Feb 23, 2013 11:55 AM

janedennis wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 9:24 PM

The above necklace on top left is really beautiful, would like to buy one or instructions to make and where to buy these supplies, can you please advise and also give credit to the artist the next time you post something like this.  Thanks